Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I am due to go to the Netherlands by car but wanted to check with you all on the various "conversions" the car would need...if any as I am seeing mixed comments.
    Car itself is the A7 2015 (facelift) with tech pack.

1. Headlights - I guess this is the main question. Do these change automatically by the GPS/Maps technology in the car to drive on the right? Lights in question are Matrix LED
    I see on Page 45 of the manual, it states "The beams are adjusted automatically on vehicles with a navigation system" and is under the Headlight dip settings for driving at home and abroad.
    Has anyone confirmed this? I assume no further action is required on the navigation-side apart from simply driving into Calais ?

2. Obviously everything is in km and not miles. Does this change too (for the digitial and HUD ) or can this be done manually? I can't rememer the MMI settings but will probably answer my own question once I look at the Car settings.

Thanks in advance
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

2. Re: Taking the A7 for a Euro Trip 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    1. Not sure if they will switch automatically based on GPS position but there is a 'Tourist' setting in MMI that allows to switch them between LHD and RHD.
    2. No, that won't change automatically, but again you can change these settings between metric and imperial units in MMI.

0 0 0

3. Re: Taking the A7 for a Euro Trip 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Akash,
    I took my 65 plate A7 to France last year and the headlights changed automatically for driving on the right.
    2018 A7 3.0. tdi quattro s-line s-tronic, Mythos black metallic, rear view camera, parking system plus, 2 zone climate control, hybrid propulsion system, 21" wheels

0 0 0

4. Re: Taking the A7 for a Euro Trip 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thanks both

passman: only just saw your reply- As you mentioned, it did indeed change automatically.
    It warned me daily that the lights were set to right hand drive so a bit of a bonus there if not a case of reassurance.

In regards to units - this is a manual change in the car systems\mmi settings bit. Very useful as the digital speedo + HUD went to kph.

Really happy the way the car behaved for the 600+ journey into France>Belgium>Holland.
    If it was not for the train staff giving me the wrong instructions for high vehicles, I would have been in a good mood on the other side (hit the wheels twice!). And also the terrible driving by most drivers in Belgium (People at the wedding did mention it would be the GB badge !) France + Netherlands were really polite and helpful and also on the way back the staff at the station were so much more polite than the UK side.

I'll post pictures either in here or another thread re space in the normal car carriage vs the high vehicles - huge difference!

Also parking the A7 in the Netherlands is really easy - in the UK I can rarely find a multistorey the A7 fits properly and if it does, the bays are too close for my liking so shopping is a no no in mine.
    Netherlands was the complete opposite - wide bays, wide entries without silly 90 degree turnings straight after the barrier etc.
    Roads are in so much better condition too.

Great trip all-round - Now need to deep-clean the car to get rid of the millions of murdered bugs
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0