1. Angry Car has come back from a service with kerbed alloy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Car has come back from 18,000 mile service and I am pretty unhappy.

Dealer offered a complimentary wash, which I took, but then they parked the car under a tree, so it's covered in bird sh!t, which I have just had to wash off. It was already quite stubborn so must have been pooped on quite a few hours ago.

What's really got my blood boiling though is the kerbed alloy - since I had the car I have been really careful not to kerb them, I leave the car with them for one day and some monkey and has managed to kerb the alloy, and there's a yellow scuff mark on the tyre, I'm wondering if someone clonked a kerb or something, either when/if they took the car for a test drive or whilst manoeuvring around the car park.

I've sent off an email but will call them in the morning, however I am worried this will turn into a case of my word against theirs.

I'm just really disappointed at the level of care afforded to my car, it cost over 70K FFS!

IMG_20190409_180513-small.jpg

IMG_20190409_183538-small.jpg

0 0 0

2. Re: Car has come back from a service with kerbed alloy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Complimentary scratch wash...many have had to have paint correction from the clever people they employ .

They owe you a new wheel or professional referb .

Maybe a front tracking check too .

0 0 0

3. Re: Car has come back from a service with kerbed alloy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Feel for you. So annoying but I think the fresh paint on the tyre and 3 other mint condition wheels will give you a decent case.

I know it doesn’t help in this instance, but it’s worth considering a wired dashcam. You can view the footage after and see what your car got up to.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

4. Re: Car has come back from a service with kerbed alloy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    A nightmare I have been accused of and knew full well I hadn’t done it. It could have been the mechanic who did the work or the person who washed it OR even before it went in there if there is a possibility someone else drove it. Garages are getting very stressed about this sort of thing and full HD video of cars before they are even moved from where the customer left them is coming.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Car has come back from a service with kerbed alloy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    A walk around the dealership looking for any yellow kerbstones might strengthen your case.

0 0 0

6. Re: Car has come back from a service with kerbed alloy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I would definitely go the garage and have a walk round visually checking the site. The yellow paint may have come from some ‘hazard warning’ object on the site. There is usually loads of the stuff on the premises including the lift ramps.
    i would also consider assessing their cctv and requesting that they do record over the dates where your vehicle was in their care as I believe some systems are on a 30 day loop. In addition photograph the damage now and ensure the images are date stamped.
    My brother did the above when his jag was returned with kerbed alloys and the garage refurbed his wheel without any issues. Work on the principle if the senior management aren’t aware of the damage as the culprit may well not have ‘fessed up’ to them.

0 0 0

7. Re: Car has come back from a service with kerbed alloy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Dealer has been on the phone, they are a little mystified how this might have happened but have agreed that since the car was booked in with no damage they will refurb the alloy FOC and lend me an A6 Avant whilst they have my car. It's a diamond cut alloy so they have to send the wheel away.

Annoyed that it happened in the first place but happy that they are addressing the problem no questions asked.

0 4 0

8. Re: Car has come back from a service with kerbed alloy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    The problem your going to have now is that wheel will probably come back a different colour. It also means that it has 1 less cut left for future refurbs. Normally you'd refurb the set so they all matched in colour and had same amount of cuts done. As above ask them to check and adjust tracking as that looks like a nice impact its had.
    In future ask for a walk around the whole car and sign their paperwork stating its mint or any marks. I thought this was normal practice now.
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

9. Re: Car has come back from a service with kerbed alloy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I bet their 2 post lifts are yellow....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Car has come back from a service with kerbed alloy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Car is back in the dealer today to get this wheel refurbed. They've lent me an A6 Avant in the meantime which feels quite small after getting used to a Q7!

Anyway, something weird just happened, the dealer called to say that if they refurb the alloy it will lose the "Audisport" logo on the rim, I'm not sure what they are talking about as I don't recall seeing anything, but they said it will look different to the other wheels, I was about to say "forget it then" because I don't want one wheel looking different to the others, but before I could say anything they said they have decided to replace it with a new alloy at a cost of £1,100, which they are going to cover.

When I dropped the car off this morning they still said it was a mystery how it got kerbed as they had checked the CCTV and that showed nothing, but I suggested someone must have been driving at quite some speed to not only kerb an offside alloy (it's usually nearside that gets kerbed) but also to override the rim protector, which do a damn good job of protecting the rims (all 3 others are perfect). So as they've offered to replace the wheel with no quibbles it does make me think that they know someone did something on a test drive when it was in for a service, but they aren't 'fessing up.

Not complaining though, just all a bit mystified that they are being so helpful, I was expecting a real battle to get this sorted, but they've been brilliant.

Most unusual.

0 2 0