1. 2.0 Tdi p0299 Under Boost head scratching as the usual tests been done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, some helpful advice would be much appreciated. (I have been a member for sometime but had to re-register due to not find login (a not new newbie;-) ))

Got problems trying to find cause of underboost on Audi Cabriolet 2007 2.0Tdi BPW
    For the past year 0299 underboost has been intermittent together with the coil dash light coming on, having a terrible personal problem this has been left, until now.
    Just recent misses had plumes of smoke as turbo died, her helpful friend put a gallon of oil in it which also went thru exhaust until I said a polite stop. Luckily no runaway, even AA guy drove it onto his trailer ffs.....
    Ok New Turbo, cleaned out exhaust, intercooler, egr, and new dpf.
    Cleared codes, a mile test drive, coil light on and limped home. 0299 code back and on permanent, smoke tested after air filter and found and fixed one small leak. Vagcom output test showed actuator working, it moved 15to18mm. Vacuum test is fine, so N75 appears to be working. Cleaned the boost pressure control valve (n249) and looks in great condition.
    Hmmm not sure what way to go, the car is not worth a lot but invested time and money, got this far so need to keep going.
    any suggestions would be helpful I am wasted of grey matter to go further on my own.
    Last edited by Naughty Finger; 09-04-2019 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Adding

0 0 0

2. Re: 2.0 Tdi p0299 Under Boost head scratching as the usual tests been done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Put a put a new N75 on as ordered before testing and that done nothing, Blocked up exhausts put under pressure from intake, all checked out, removed turbo checked actuator rod was bottoming out as far as poss and turbo vanes working correctly
    Once back together test drive showed the same no power and P0299 a day wasted
    If anyone could please give me any idea of attack next as I am repeating what I have already done.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2.0 Tdi p0299 Under Boost head scratching as the usual tests been done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On testing egr it was closed well enough but only opening 2 to 3mm and the O ring seal was leaking, have an aftermarket egr coming tomorrow, hopefully this is the cause but not overly sure? Any input on this quiet thread please?

0 0 0

4. Re: 2.0 Tdi p0299 Under Boost head scratching as the usual tests been done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whilst the EGR was faulty changing it didn't cure the underboost as I thought but hoping it may of been. P0299 is coming up now as soon as the engine is started together with flashing coil warning light.

Going to go find another forum that hopefully is helpful for my problem.
    Last edited by Naughty Finger; 15-04-2019 at 05:36 PM.

0 0 0