1. What have I acually got ?? :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Hi, sorry to be a pain .. more questions I'm afraid ...

Found this screen in the MMI, wondering if anyone can decode it for me into a readily understandable language !!! Especialy the sat nav bit !! Google isn't helping at all !!

Media Version : HN+R_EU_AUP0770

Nav Database Version : 8R0060884BK ECE 6.17.3

Regards and Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: What have I acually got ?? :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    They are software version, I don't know what the latest version is of eigther, but others may we'll be able to advise on that.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

3. Re: What have I acually got ?? :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    HN+R_EU_P0770 is your MMI software version. P is the code for the factory installation and a later update done by a dealer or other would have a prefix K. Yours is still in its original factory setting.

Your other code is the map version in your satnav.

To update both can be a time consuming process, about 3 to 4 hours and a dealer will charge you fully for the installation, something like £300 to £400.

I have just updated my system to the latest available setting and 2019 maps with SD cards and DVD from satnavupgrade.com. My installation, although time consuming was very smooth and I have no hesitation in recommending them. Time taken, 3hrs for the MMI upgrade and 1hr 45 mins for the maps.

The latest version of MMI is HN+R_EU_AU_K0942_4 and 2019 maps 8R0060884GA.ECE 6.28.2

It's worth searching through other threads re MMI updates to get a better idea of what the changes are and if they are necessary, including the 2 Sticky's at the top of this section to do with MMI.

John.

ps I am following your posts on Swift Talk.

0 0 0

4. Re: What have I acually got ?? :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Many thanks, much appreciate your reply email sent to satnavupgrade

If you are Swift Talk I guess you also tow with an Allroad ?? We have an Elegance 530, not yet towed it with this beast, but don't expect any problems !!
    2014 Audi A6 Allroad (C7, 245bhp)

0 0 0

5. Re: What have I acually got ?? :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV6 View Post
    Many thanks, much appreciate your reply email sent to satnavupgrade

If you are Swift Talk I guess you also tow with an Allroad ?? We have an Elegance 530, not yet towed it with this beast, but don't expect any problems !!
    Not an Allroad, but a 61 plate A6 saloon 3.0 Tdi Quattro (245 bhp). It works very well towing 1500 kg Sterling Eccles caravan from 2005 and always has something in reserve. Average consumption from last years 3k mile visit to Croatia was 31 mpg measured brim to brim. Enjoy your Allroad.

John.

0 0 0

6. Re: What have I acually got ?? :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Thanks to "odee" I have now done the MMI/Satnav updates .. took 3 hours but all working well now. Many thanks for the advice, I can now also recommend "Satnavupgrade"
    2014 Audi A6 Allroad (C7, 245bhp)

0 0 0