Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Technical Service Bulletin (Investigation) 2043881/10 V8 4.0TFSI Turbo failure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Technical Service Bulletin (Investigation) 2043881/10 V8 4.0TFSI Turbo failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen this bulletin, regarding investigation and things to assess and change in the event of turbo failure.
    The reason I am asking is to assess whether there is any proactive, preventative maintenance, recommended in the bulletin which Audi will support.
    USA has TSB 2044640/2, which is their version of this bulletin.

Thanks
    Last edited by appo67; 02-05-2019 at 11:36 AM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Technical Service Bulletin (Investigation) 2043881/10 V8 4.0TFSI Turbo failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    We have had to replace these, hell of a job and huge cost. The biggest nightmare is getting the oil out of the exhaust system when one of the shafts snaps and falls into the cat so pumping its oil through the system and a bit confusing for the unaccustomed as the right turbo exits on the left and the left on the right, the smoke is unbelievable..... When we went to get two units they are genuine only and not repairable, £2500 each.....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

3. Re: Technical Service Bulletin (Investigation) 2043881/10 V8 4.0TFSI Turbo failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What was the failure mode?
    Blocked turbo oil supply screen and check valve?

0 0 0

4. Re: Technical Service Bulletin (Investigation) 2043881/10 V8 4.0TFSI Turbo failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    The return screen was blocked, we fitted the modified type.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

5. Re: Technical Service Bulletin (Investigation) 2043881/10 V8 4.0TFSI Turbo failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    With 40,000 miles on my car and the end of the warranty in sight, I am more than mildly keen to see this TSB. Is it possible to post a copy here, please? I have tried searching the web but found nothing. Thanks.

0 0 0

6. Re: Technical Service Bulletin (Investigation) 2043881/10 V8 4.0TFSI Turbo failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    VAG UK had dozens of these units in stock when we needed a pair, basically they get too hot in the V and carburise the oil which blocks the screen and stops oil flow which kills the bearings, these seize, snap the shaft and send all the oil into the exhaust which is awful to get out, I ended up drilling 3mm holes in the silencers at their low points, from the left rear (I.e. right turbo) I got around a gallon of water followed by a couple of litres of oil and from the right about half of that and around a litre of oil from the centre silencer. After a few months it is STILL burning it off! A turbo system that says on its top that if you leave the cover off will set fire to the bonnet is not a good idea.....

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Technical Service Bulletin (Investigation) 2043881/10 V8 4.0TFSI Turbo failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    TSB2.jpgTSB1.jpgTSB3.jpgCopy of the US bulletin below, and the Audi advisor told me the UK version has a different number (the number in the initial thread). My plan is to contact Audi UK , VIA email, assuming that the UK and US versions are similar, and ask if they are recommending /supporting preventative maintenance (change the filter to the new version etc)

0 0 0

8. Re: Technical Service Bulletin (Investigation) 2043881/10 V8 4.0TFSI Turbo failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Thank you, Appo67, I am very grateful. I will also contact my local dealer and see what they say. And will escalate to Audi Customer Services, too. Will post back here.
    Thanks.

0 0 0

9. Re: Technical Service Bulletin (Investigation) 2043881/10 V8 4.0TFSI Turbo failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Excellent, Wildbore. I'll do the same and see what happens?

0 0 0

10. Re: Technical Service Bulletin (Investigation) 2043881/10 V8 4.0TFSI Turbo failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    “Ohh but no Sir, we have never heard of that problem before”......

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast