1. Auxiliary Heater Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Noticed today that there is a recall on the Auxiliary heater connections being poor, has anyone had this done yet? Was it a big job. Hate interior panels being taken off.

0 0 0

2. Re: Auxiliary Heater Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Took it to Preston Audi yesterday, my word they have overgrown that place, could barely get in the carpark never mind park. Handed over the keys to be told that they check/replace the Aux heater matrix and would presume a full health check etc. Got a txt today to say it was ready, so they have had it 24 hours. Got there to be told that it was just a software update and didn't do anything else to it. So it took them 24 hours to plug a laptop in and tweak a setting. No word about if they had checked the connectors as apparently they can melt and eventually lead to fire. My guess is that they just change some settings to make the heater turn off quicker so it doesn't get chance to heat the connectors up hot enough to cause damage. Sounds a right bodge it and scarper fix.

0 0 0

3. Re: Auxiliary Heater Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Have you ever done an ODIS SVM reflash? Just getting up and running takes 20 minutes and a full scan and reflash can easily take an hour. As far as I know the aux heater fire issue was with the PQ35 platform but I need to looks at the action number next week when back at work.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Auxiliary Heater Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    No i haven't but i work in IT so i know it'll be a case of selecting a few options then leaving it to do its job. Hardly brain surgery and certainly doesn't warrant it taking them 24 hours. Didn't even do a health check like they said they would, today the brake pad warning came on. Super service from the ********. The action number i think is 82C1?

0 0 0

5. Re: Auxiliary Heater Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Being in IT is one thing, Mrs Crasher has been a SAP for the last 30 years and from what I have described and shown her (bringing home my ODIS PC and spending all weekend just getting it to download without stopping at 99%) she cannot grasp how **** ODIS is, it takes a full hour just to do the most simple task, something that would have your toes curling in embarrassment if you were on the phone to a customer trying to do something for them. When you call or email support, you are lucky if you get a reply within a month and even then the promises they make fall flat on their face, it is simply impossible to put into words how awful the service is and you have no other alternative.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Auxiliary Heater Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Yeah I know what you mean, I work with some pretty archaic software which causes no ends of problems.

To clarify and give a resolution to this, spoke to a service manager today who explained that they preform a visual inspection of the elements and check they are connected correctly. They then check the settings are correct and haven’t been tampered with. No update is preformed. The healthcheck was done and that she can only presume the inner pads have worn unevenly but offered to check for me if I wanted.

0 0 0

7. Re: Auxiliary Heater Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    This is another example of the dealer problem, the service person tells the service manager who tells the service rep who tells the person on the phone who cannot tell one end of a camshaft from the other, or even what a camshaft is.... people need to talk to the person who is working on the car EVEN if they have no idea what they are on about so the person doing the job needs to be able to talk to the customer. The worlds main dealers have spent decades trying to find a way around this.... and failed.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Auxiliary Heater Recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    This is another example of the dealer problem, the service person tells the service manager who tells the service rep who tells the person on the phone who cannot tell one end of a camshaft from the other, or even what a camshaft is.... people need to talk to the person who is working on the car EVEN if they have no idea what they are on about so the person doing the job needs to be able to talk to the customer. The worlds main dealers have spent decades trying to find a way around this.... and failed.
    The service supervisor was knowledgable, professional, actually listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. Anything she didn’t know she made the effort to go speak to the shop manager to confirm. She didn’t once treat me like a fool or try to fob me off and resolved the issue in less than 5 minutes on the phone. I find the staff that normally deal with me woefully inadequately trained and dare I say lazy. They appear to have no idea what that are doing hoping they can try to bamboozle me without realising I probably know more than them. As you say can’t tell me the difference between a camshaft and a pushrod.
    I didn’t catch her name but she really did save me going to Audi UK to submit a formal complaint. Bravo that lady.

0 0 0