Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Good day all,

So my nox sensor wiring is broken together with nox sensor. Audi baxley is saying they are not covered by warranty. Is it correct information from baxley audi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Arrived: Audi A7 Quattro Black Edition 245 ps, 21 inch rotor. Tech pack. Phantom Black.
    Gone: AUDI A6 - 2011, DAYTONA GRAY, 2.7 TDI QUATTRO S LINE SPECIAL EDITION. MMI 3G. DVD PLAYER. 19 INCH.

0 0 0

2. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    I don't know the answer but this is one of the things that winds me up.

I simply don't understand the dealerships thought process - what do they think is going to happen? Do they not think that people will get onto various forums and tell the world about how they've been treated. That won't affect their business will it....... Doh.

IMHO Nox wiring and sensor are not consumables such as tyres or routine service items such as an oil change. Surely it is reasonable, therefore, for them to last the life of the car or at least many, many years (IIRC 6 years is a generally accepted timescale).

Try mentioning the phrase "Small claims court" and see what happens.

I've been down this route and the "Judge" took absolutely no notice of all the "excuses" rolled out one after the other from the dealer (they all do that etc. etc.) and simply awarded me the full amount. I did need an "expert" report (from the RAC) about the faults and the cost of that was included in the final settlement.

Good Luck.

Andy.
    Last edited by AndyN01; 22-03-2019 at 06:07 PM.

0 0 0

3. Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thank you andy. Basically they said cause of broken wire was by rodent. So they charged me £806. What do you think shall i go through small claim court process. The video they showed me as follows:

24858 22/03/2019 | AudiCam

Arrived: Audi A7 Quattro Black Edition 245 ps, 21 inch rotor. Tech pack. Phantom Black.
    Gone: AUDI A6 - 2011, DAYTONA GRAY, 2.7 TDI QUATTRO S LINE SPECIAL EDITION. MMI 3G. DVD PLAYER. 19 INCH.

0 0 0

4. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Hi,

The video shows damage to the wiring. The mechanic is quite clear and states ".....this is rodent damage....."

It doesn't look like simple rubbing on something and it doesn't look as if there are clips broken etc. that might allow this to happen.

I doubt you'd get very far in a small claims court unless you can provide an "expert" report that it isn't rodent damage and it is a manufacturing/servicing fault.

Andy.

0 0 0

5. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Something has damaged that wire, it's nowhere near any parts that could damaged it and it's not like it could get snagged while driving over rough terrain, so either someone has gone under your car with a pair or wire cutters or something small & fury has been sharpening their teeth on it.

I would have tried to repair the wiring first, it's not something Audi would have done (they would only ever replace) but you could have tried an auto electrician, and if that failed then it would have been a full replacement.

Don't think you have any grounds for small claims, as the car was fine then the wiring got damaged and the key word is damaged not faulty, and needed to be either fixed or replaced.

0 1 0

6. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Unfortunately it does look like something has had a nibble. Its not clean enough for a cut and there is no broken clips or tight wiring to suggest a snag. Now why the couldn't repair the broken wires I don't know, if it was me I would of soldered the ends back together and put some heat shrink around them. Or at least tried that first before replacing the sensor.
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

7. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    While repairing the wires and seeing how that goes is an entirely sensible way to go I doubt that's an "approved" and authorised method for an Audi dealer.
    Especially when they can charge £800 for having a look and replacing some bits.

Andy

0 0 0

8. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks all for the inputs. Andy i have asked to repair the wire and Audi refused to do it. And urgently needed the car didn’t have option to show it somewhere and try to get it repaired. Now i have decided not to go through hassle with small claim court. All my life drove audis A3, then a6, then a7 then this. Sometimes they replaced lots of things as good gestures at no cost. This time bad luck. Anyhow i absolutely love the car.

0 0 0

9. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Who are you going to take to court? The warranty is there against manufacturing defects, not against someone or something that has damaged your car. Warranty is not an insurance policy, that is what your insurance is for.

0 0 0

10. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I would now seriously consider ‘where did this happen?’ as in where was the car parked. If whatever rodent did it once it’s likely to do it again so you may wish to look at various options as to prevent a reoccurrence such as poison or the smell of a predator. God forbid it gets into the car itself as £800 will seem like a drop in the ocean as rats and squirrels can cause horrific damage to a cars interior.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast