Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklablover View Post
    I would now seriously consider ‘where did this happen?’ as in where was the car parked. If whatever rodent did it once it’s likely to do it again so you may wish to look at various options as to prevent a reoccurrence such as poison or the smell of a predator. God forbid it gets into the car itself as £800 will seem like a drop in the ocean as rats and squirrels can cause horrific damage to a cars interior.
    Good advice. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Arrived: Audi A7 Quattro Black Edition 245 ps, 21 inch rotor. Tech pack. Phantom Black.
    Gone: AUDI A6 - 2011, DAYTONA GRAY, 2.7 TDI QUATTRO S LINE SPECIAL EDITION. MMI 3G. DVD PLAYER. 19 INCH.

0 0 0

2. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi guys didnt want to create a new topic, my q3 15reg showing CEL regarding p229e any ideas which sensor do i need? mechanic said 04L907805L but dealer said 04L907807L
    i have found this shop offering both, but as it is quite expensive don't want to start ordering both them...
    04L907807L 5WK97231 SME NOxC3 NOX Sensor
    or this ?
    04L907805L 5WK97233 A2C11455400-233A SME NOxC3 NOX Sensor

0 0 0

3. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamark View Post
    Good day all,

So my nox sensor wiring is broken together with nox sensor. Audi baxley is saying they are not covered by warranty. Is it correct information from baxley audi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel your pain, I just went to the very same dealership (bexley) and had the same issue a rodent ate into the Nox sensor, then got told the brake pads and the Brake wiring loom had corroded.

Accepted I had to replace the Nox sensor but as soon as I challenged the brake wiring loom to be repaired under warranty got told it must have been the same rodent decided to go into the brake sensor loom as well so wouldn't be covered. Unfortunately no good will or gesture was possible.

Very annoying and very costly! Seems the rodents like expensive cars

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papereyes View Post
    I feel your pain, I just went to the very same dealership (bexley) and had the same issue a rodent ate into the Nox sensor, then got told the brake pads and the Brake wiring loom had corroded.
    Bizarre. Is the Q7's wiring particularly tasty to rodents, or is this problem confined to the Bexley area?
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 1 0

5. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchAudi View Post
    Bizarre. Is the Q7's wiring particularly tasty to rodents, or is this problem confined to the Bexley area?
    I suspect the former maybe the rodents like the emissions. Just has a look under the car and something has gnawed through the outer housing but the cables are in tact (luckily) so might put down gorilla tape around it to tied it down/over. Got quoted 950 to replace the Nox sensor!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Rodent damage to modern cars is becoming a major issues, I have seen lots of You Tube videos where cars have been damaged including a Tesla that nearly went up in flames as the Soya based insulation was a tasty rodent snack. I have just finished repairing a Q7 which collapsed on its nose because a rodent of some sort ate through the left front air tube under the servo... must have given the little bugger a right shock when it burst! On of the main reasons for the increase in damage is the lower environmental impact materials being used are plant based and therefore yummy.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Rodent damage to modern cars is becoming a major issues, I have seen lots of You Tube videos where cars have been damaged including a Tesla that nearly went up in flames as the Soya based insulation was a tasty rodent snack. I have just finished repairing a Q7 which collapsed on its nose because a rodent of some sort ate through the left front air tube under the servo... must have given the little bugger a right shock when it burst! On of the main reasons for the increase in damage is the lower environmental impact materials being used are plant based and therefore yummy.

In that case the manufacturers should be responsible for using unsuitable materials. They should put something in them that is unpalatable to pests. They supposedly have enough brain power employed to handle that.
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 0 0

8. Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Ohh but they do, it is just that the EU won't let them. The next step is EU7 (it doesn't just cover tailpipe emissions) but now EU8 is being discused where a car will not be allowed to emit anything, brake or tyre dust any sort of potentials toxic material that if you inhaled two tonnes of it you might not feel well and everything has to be recyclable under the end of life vehicle directive, manufactures won't even be allowed to use the adhesives and treatments as the EU has decided that new car smell is equivalent to smoking a pack of cigarettes or something so it has to go, don't blame the manufactures; blame the unelected bureaucrats and shouting heads like Gritter Turdburg and Atternbugger, a face I could never get tired of punching...

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12