Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I did once have one come in where the belt was loose and jumping around and from memory gave a fault code similar to that but it was about ten years ago and I can’t recall who it was which is a shame as I will still have the code read on the server.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad conked out , could this be injection pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I did once have one come in where the belt was loose and jumping around and from memory gave a fault code similar to that but it was about ten years ago and I can’t recall who it was which is a shame as I will still have the code read on the server.
    If it had jumped the timing could a new belt and tensioner resolve the issue or would there certainly be more damage?

Cheers.

Vin

0 0 0

3. Re: Allroad conked out , could this be injection pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Unless bits of belt fall down and cause the main belt to jump it should be fine. If I remember the job well, it was not long since it had been fitted with a new belt setup but the pump tensioner did not look like it had been replaced and the nut came loose.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Allroad conked out , could this be injection pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I’ve done a bit more research on line and had another look and listen to the car.
    when it’s ticking over and warmed up it seems to tick over nicely. When I press the throttle initially I get no response but after a while it will rev a little slowly. It also sometimes cuts out when I rev it. Glow plug light is flashing.
    my fault codes are
    00542 needle lift sensor (G80) 30-10 open or short to plus intermittent
    01268 quantity adjuster (N146) 37-00 faulty
    01318 control module for injection pump (J399) 37-00 faulty

the first one 00542 I think refers to an injector that has a wire going to it that has a sensor . I’m not sure what it does . This fault has been present for some time.
    the second one 01268 is referring to the quantity adjuster , part of the electronics in the control module on top of the injection pump
    the third 01318 refers to the control module itself.

There are places on line that offer a repair service for the control module . They do reference my fault codes but they also say that the car wouldn’t start.
    Im tempted to go for one of these but I’d like to know does anyone think that if the control module was faulty could my symptoms be as they are ?
    Also the price varies from 40 quid to 390 quid . From what I can make out they just change a resistor in the module . Does anyone have any info on what else gets done when these modules are repaired ?

cheers for any help

vin

0 0 0

5. Re: Allroad conked out , could this be injection pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone help with this ? It's been parked up a year and I want to get it going again .

cheers

vin

0 0 0

6. Re: Allroad conked out , could this be injection pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    does it run with a sniff of brake cleaner?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Allroad conked out , could this be injection pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher

thanks for reply
    where do I squirt the brake cleaner and I will give it a go tomorrow eve?

cheers

vin

0 0 0

8. Re: Allroad conked out , could this be injection pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Somewhere after that is easy to disconnect such as the turbo inlet. Only give it a tiny sniff at a time to get a feel for it as they can suddenly run away out of control and make a mess in your pants...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12