Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone got a 50 tdi??
    How intrusive is the stop/start system with all the coasting and everything that the 48v mild hybrid allows?
    Can it be turned off if necessary??
    Just wondered as I am slowly being talked into one, on my present c7 2 litre tdi, I effectively disabled it all with vcds but not sure how much you can do on the c8.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Quattro Black Edition
    2013 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Black Edition ​gone
    2010 A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Le Mans. gone.

0 0 0

2. Re: 50 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi SMILEMAN, We collected our 50 tdi quattro yesterday and so far i'm a lot happier with the stop start system, not yet sure if it can be turned off, I'll have to read the handbook. Our previous car was a C7 2 ltr tdi ultra and having to remember to turn off the system every time the engine was restarted was a total pain. The
    coasting feature certainly improved the mpg, after a bit of over eager acceleration.

Hope that helps,
    Colin.

1 1 0

3. Re: 50 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Would concur with what ColinW has said. I only have the 40Tdi and came from a 2.0TDi Manual so was particularly concerned about reports of how the Stop/Start on the automatic C7s cuts out before the vehicle has come to a stop and even on mid corner. All of those fears have not materialised on the C8. When the Stop/Start cuts in while the car is moving power is kept to the steering so there is no impact on how the car feels and the car quickly restarts when you apply the accelerator. The car also decouples the transmission when power is not required to maintain speed if for whatever reason the car cannot go into stop/start mode. The 10%+ improvement in fuel consumption over my C7 is the obvious gain here.

Yes you can switch off the Stop/Start (switch is on the top row of the lower touch screen) but I suspect this needs setting each time you start the car. There seems to be no information yet about what could be possible on the C8 using VCDS. Also looks as if Stop/Start is deactivated if the transmission is in Sport or Manual mode
    Last edited by johnsimcox; 21-03-2019 at 11:38 AM.

1 2 0

4. Re: 50 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Only 2 days into my ownership of a C8 and I am finding the stop start to be far more integrated than my previous C7 was. The stop is not noticeable and the start for me is seemless (at least on the 50tdi).

I am also impressed by the engine spooling up when the car in front pulls away, although is there a way to set the sensitivity of this, ie reduce the reaction time to the vehicle in front pulling away?

1 1 0

5. Re: 50 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had my one 3 weeks and the start stop works very well compared to my C7 A7.
    Light touch and it stops as per normal. Hard push and engine turns off but start very quickly when you press the gas.

0 0 0