2. Re: Audi 2.5tdi v6 camshafts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for advise Steve, been good just to finally put a question directly to ya, normally don’t need to with all the info on the site ����

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi 2.5tdi v6 camshafts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    What Classic oil would you use Stevie ?
    Still open to suggestions on that old boy, I only need it for old stuff such as the Audi Coupe GT conversion and Corrado 2.9 rebuild we have here at the moment. Currently I am reduced to using CarLube 15w/40 but I want something of a higher spec, not bloody synthetic! Whatever it is has to be easy to obtain as the users are all over the place, one in Majorca who we rebuilt a 9A and put it in his Golf 2. He drove it home and later did his first oil change from the Fuchs Titan Formula 15w/40 we had used to a locally sourced 10w/40 semi synth and it now leaves a stink in its wake! Mind you I had my doubts about the Fuchs as the 2.35 we built to go in the Coupe GT also started to use and I had Opie get it tested as I was suspicious but they said it was OK, however after using Millers Glaze Bust, then Millers Competition Running in Oil again and then onto the cheap and nasty Car Lube 15w/40 it has drastically cut its habit but as he lives miles away he will have to get servicing done local so I need something he can get easily. When these old engines have been run in on CRO and then a mineral for 10K they are usually fine on a semi synth or even some really fancy oils like Red Line but in their day the 2L 16v 9A was always a burner which is why VW went to the tall block ABF for the Golf 3 as 9A Corrado's and Passat’s were always killing their catalysts when they got older and in the USA (the 9A's main market) they have legislated insane length warranties on emissions equipment, it was costing VW USA a fortune in warranty claims. I was at the 2nd Annual Waterfest in 1995 and it was a big subject amongst Golf 2 and Passat owners, the US Corrado never got the 9A.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi 2.5tdi v6 camshafts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Had quote in today for a full febi cam kit £960 and labour to fit £840

all in plus vat near to £2200

i can supply my own kit for £620 febi

is it worth the extra coin for that 1 year warranty? Seems like a hefty price increase for the parts , funny too I can source the parts with a 2 year warranty but garage can only offer me 1 year

crasher, does the labour sound about right on this ?

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi 2.5tdi v6 camshafts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    What about the full front end accessory and cam drive kit with water pump and thermostat?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi 2.5tdi v6 camshafts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    What about the full front end accessory and cam drive kit with water pump and thermostat?

Its the cam kit only mate,
    i had the pump and belts done 4K ago

although id prob fit a new belt when getting the work done.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi 2.5tdi v6 camshafts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    That would be sensible. They will also need the bank 1 cam bore plug and vacuum pump seals plus cam cover gaskets. We refuse to fit customers own parts, the profit margin is part of what puts food on the workers families tables.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi 2.5tdi v6 camshafts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    That would be sensible. They will also need the bank 1 cam bore plug and vacuum pump seals plus cam cover gaskets. We refuse to fit customers own parts, the profit margin is part of what puts food on the workers families tables.

Thats fair enough, do those prices sound about right though mate? As nearly £400 on top for them to supply the same parts I can get seems steep though

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi 2.5tdi v6 camshafts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    These guys are already charging £70 per hour pls vat, so it’s not like I’m skimping on cost

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi 2.5tdi v6 camshafts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I think their pricing is spot on.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast