Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi all

Has anybody had a puncture repair done on the hankook silent tyres? National Tyres took the tyre off and noticed the foam sound insulation inside and refused to repair the puncture. They weren’t trying to sell me new as they don’t stock them.
    Don’t want to be be buying fresh as only done 5k on them.
    Audi SQ7 Vorsprung 2020

0 0 0

2. Re: Puncture Repair on 22” Hankook silent tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've had a ContiSilent (which has foam) on an XC90 repaired. My local mobile tyre fitter did it. He had to cut a piece of foam away. Worst part was cleaning off all the glue from the foam to make the puncture repair plug stick. This is an accepted way to repair too.

I suspect some large tyre fitting chains might not like to do the job as its a little more involved and like I said above difficult to clean off the glue.

:wq
    2016/16 (MY17) Volvo XC90 D5 PowerPulse Inscription - Osmium Grey with Charcoal
    Prev: 69 BMW X5 xDrive35d - Monaco Blue, Black Leather, fully loaded
    Prev: 07 Audi A6 3.0TDI Quattro Le Mans Tip Avant - Oyster Grey, Charcoal Leather
    Prev: 57 BMW 335i Coupe - Black, blonde leather.
    Prev: 06 Audi A3 2.0TFSI Quatro - Silver

0 0 0

3. Re: Puncture Repair on 22” Hankook silent tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I work for ATS euromaster and we would of repaired that along as the patch wouldn't intrude on the sidewall or it had run flat or sidewall damage.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Puncture Repair on 22” Hankook silent tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    What was the reason they refused repair? Surely it just can't be because of the foam? It just gets scraped off and the glue poly wheeled or even used in the repair its self.

0 0 0

5. Re: Puncture Repair on 22” Hankook silent tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbobjm View Post
    What was the reason they refused repair? Surely it just can't be because of the foam? It just gets scraped off and the glue poly wheeled or even used in the repair its self.

They reckoned the patch wouldn’t take to the glue that stuck the foam to the tyre. I’ve phoned a few places and all have said it’s against manufacturers recommendations so refused.
    Audi are fitting a new tyre tomorrow but i’ll keep the damaged one and find someone that will fix and use as a spare.
    Audi SQ7 Vorsprung 2020

0 0 0

6. Re: Puncture Repair on 22” Hankook silent tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    That's ******** (not you, the companies you phoned). Kwik fit would just scrape the foam and use the adhesive as the glue itself.

0 0 0