Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Help required to check out boost problemshttps://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/1zhelp.gif

1. Question Help required to check out boost problemshttps://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/1zhelp.gif 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all,
    This is my first post so be gentle with me..I have an A6 2lt tdi 4F 2005, I love it to bits but it is now not giving me any power.

This happened on the motorway yesterday,the MIL came on and allthough the car drove at 50 to 60 ok it had no go in it. I have some basic knowledge of these systems and a very basic code reader which gave me the fault code P0243.

Having read some of the post relating to this I have checked that the actuator arm moves freely and smoothly and want to now check the valve and vacuum pipes but I am not sure wher the valve is located.

Has any one got a diagram or picture of the actuator valve that I can use to check the pipes and wiring.

Thanks in advance,

Patroller.
    Last edited by patroller; 09-03-2019 at 10:52 AM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Help required to check out boost problemshttps://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/1zhelp.gif 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    UPDATE on the above,
    Managed to find the valve (front of engine block on turbo side) remove the plug which is not visable then check the wires. Found the supply was intact and reading battery voltage but the thin brown wire which I assume goes back to the ECU to control the valve had a very small nick in it with a single strand of copper pokeing out. with the plug in the fault was "short to earth" on the feed and with the plug dissconected it was"open ct on feed" so It appears that the return line was just chafing on the valve carrierand shorting to earth.

A quick repair with tape and all was well,car now shoots up the hill like a rocket with what appears to be more power than it ever had before.Total cost of repair,afew scratches on my wrists and about 3 inches of insulating tape when 3 days ago I thought I was looking at a replacement Turbo.
    Last edited by patroller; 21-03-2019 at 10:47 PM.

0 0 0

3. Re: Help required to check out boost problemshttps://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/1zhelp.gif 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    This is a known fault on early 2L TDI 4F’s, I have seen many with snapped wires, later the harness was lengthened.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Help required to check out boost problemshttps://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/1zhelp.gif 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patroller View Post
    UPDATE on the above,
    Managed to find the valve (front of engine block on turbo side) remove the plug which is not visable then check the wires. Found the supply was intact and reading battery voltage but the thin brown wire which I assume goes back to the ECU to control the valve had a very small nick in it with a single strand of copper pokeing out. with the plug in the fault was "short to earth" on the feed and with the plug dissconected it was"open ct on feed" so It appears that the return line was just chafing on the valve carrierand shorting to earth.

A quick repair with tape and all was well,car now shoots up the hill like a rocket with what appears to be more power than it ever had before.Total cost of repair,afew scratches on my wrists and about 3 inches of insulating tape when 3 days agow I thought I was looking at a replacement Turbo.
    good that you fixed it, and thanks for coming back to post the info on the repair. No doubt that will help someone in the future when they’re googling the same problem.
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Tiptronic (C6 pre-facelift) - left hand drive

0 0 0