1. What injectors will for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, long time lurker 1st time poster here. I have a 57 plate golf gt tdi 170 (BMN engine) and according to VCDS i have many errors all relating to injectors 1-3 (implausible signal and regulation range exceeded) injector 4 is mint as it has been changed at some point as i noticed it had a different part number to the other 3 (its also the only 1 that isnt showing a fault code. I've removed the cam cover and went though the loom to check for continuity just to rule out the loom, all OK, no dramas there and all 4 glow plugs showing the same resistance. I replaced the cam cover without taking not of injector part numbers

The car runs like its missing, no warning lights etc but it would appear that injectors seem to be a cause of concern. Turbo kicks in fine but between 1700-2000 rpm is runs rough and generally feels like its missing. idle is smooth.

Anyway, other than looking for injectors from a BMN what other engine's injectors will fit. I've had a look about and i think that BMR,BUZ, BRD and BVA engines all have the same injectors, is this correct. I've also come across conflicting info as to whether these can be reconned or not?

Any other options that anyone can think of would be really appreciated.

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: What injectors will for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    That is correct, these engines have same injectors. Nothing wrong with a recon if done correctly.

0 0 0

3. Re: What injectors will for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselMonster View Post
    That is correct, these engines have same injectors. Nothing wrong with a recon if done correctly.
    Hey thanks for getting back to me. Tbh I'd prefer recon as opposed to just buying 2nd hand injectors but I've read that piezo injectors cant be reconned and loads of websites I've browsed at dont sell reconned ones only new for silly money. I've sourced a set of 4 out of a BMN and the guy wants £80 for all 4 so I'd be happy to send them off for a recon.

0 0 0

4. Re: What injectors will for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    I think they can be reconned but it takes skills to be able to do it. Injectors should and have lasted 200K for me without failing. They shouldn't need reconditioning tbh.

0 0 0

5. Re: What injectors will for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I agree that they shouldn't need to be reconned. My mk1 Fabia cars currently has 210k miles on original clutch, turbo and Injectors. The only things I've changed are serviceable parts. It's a beast of a car but my A3 170 BMN and Golf 170 BMN both have ropey injectors and need to get them both sorted asap.

0 0 0

6. Re: What injectors will for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    These injectors were the subject of a “campaign” by VW years ago, it has expired though. The only recon units I will use are genuine and there is a new revised version out now under the number 000 130 073 TX at £382.80 each inc VAT and come with a two year parts and labour warranty.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: What injectors will for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    These injectors were the subject of a “campaign” by VW years ago, it has expired though. The only recon units I will use are genuine and there is a new revised version out now under the number 000 130 073 TX at £382.80 each inc VAT and come with a two year parts and labour warranty.
    I only use genuine parts on my cars and that includes everything down to air filters, I'd never dream of using a non genuine injector, buy cheap buy twice. I cant afford to spend the best part of £1200 on 3 new Injectors but I'm more than happy to look at reconned. Where can I buy reconned ones or send my injectors off to get them reconned?

0 0 0

8. Re: What injectors will for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    That IS reconditioned, new ones are £518.35 each. I put the original 03G 130 073 M number into my trade parts system Tec Doc and it came up with VEGE who USED to produce very good recon air cooled Beetle engines int ye olde days (but latterly went very "off") and SMPE who are a company very close to me (They used to be called Intermotor, a name that makes old gits like me shudder) but they have stopped producing it saying "no longer supplied by manufacturer" they don't say why... I had the same result with the old intermediate part number 073 130 073T (dropped 01-12-15) I had a look on Euro Car Parts web site and their cheap recon units are more and on fleabay there are chancers taking the **** and asking £425 (free postage though....) for what you can get from VW for £382.80.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: What injectors will for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    That IS reconditioned, new ones are £518.35 each. I put the original 03G 130 073 M number into my trade parts system Tec Doc and it came up with VEGE who USED to produce very good recon air cooled Beetle engines int ye olde days (but latterly went very "off") and SMPE who are a company very close to me (They used to be called Intermotor, a name that makes old gits like me shudder) but they have stopped producing it saying "no longer supplied by manufacturer" they don't say why... I had the same result with the old intermediate part number 073 130 073T (dropped 01-12-15) I had a look on Euro Car Parts web site and their cheap recon units are more and on fleabay there are chancers taking the **** and asking £425 (free postage though....) for what you can get from VW for £382.80.
    I've seen some of the prices on Ebay and some people are mega cheeky with their prices. I have a set of 170 injectors lying about that I bought for £80 from a BMN and their the ones I'd like reconned for piece of mind rather than just slap them in. I dont know if they came out of an engine that had the recall. I found what appear to be new injectors with the part number you suggested for the revised versions for £415 from Darkside VW / SIEMENS PPD Injector for 2.0 16v TDI Engines - 03G 130 073 T - Darkside Developments but I'm not sure if the £120 charge is added ontop of the £415 or taken off the £415 once they have been returned.

Thanks is for your advice so far, I appreciate it.

0 0 0

10. Re: What injectors will for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    They are taking the **** as well, that is more than retail over the counter at a VW dealers parts counter..... how do these people sleep at night? If you bought these and you had a warranty issue within two years, they would have to provide your chosen warranty dealer THEIR receipt for the purposes of the warranty and you would then see they paid £255 (plus VAT) for them from their local TPS!

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0