Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I have also checked my 2010 Quattro and it behaves in the same way, so I believe that the recall work has changed the settings which will make the defrost function less effective. That seems like a poor outcome. i look forward to hearing what response you get from Audi.

Reply 15th March 2019. Nothing since.

Thank you for your recent email on the demisting issue you are experiencing on your Audi A4.

I have forwarded your email to a case manager to investigate further on your behalf and they will contact you in 48 hours to discuss this in further detail.

I hope there is a resolution at the end of the investigation.

Thank you for contacting Audi UK.

Kind regards

Paul Thompson
    Customer Relations Advisor

Audi UK

Tel 0800 699 888
    Email customer.services@audi.co.uk
    2014 Audi A4 Avant S Line AWD Blue 45k miles plus several Jags.

0 0 0

2. Re: Demist button default setting. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Update.
    Eventually, after much chasing, I have entered into conversation with the CS dept.
    They contacted Hatfield Audi and managed to get them to call me, however, the outcome of the call was that either
    I have imagined the default settings have changed or
    the handbook is wrong!!!

Basically, they just want shot of me and the problem and are not interested in perusing it.

I have now asked CS to ask its technical dept to answer basic questions:

Hi Mijan,

Audi A4 Avant. S Line.
    VRM KX64 MJY
    VIN WAUZZ???????

Further to our telephone conversation today, please forward this e-mail to your technical department to answer the following 3 questions.

Air conditioning and heater Demist button.

1. What are the heater, fan speed and vent aperture selection de-fault settings for the demist button?

2. Will these defaults override manually selected settings?

3. If I manually select fan speed 12 and just the screen vents, and then press the demist button, what should happen?

Thank you.

I await a reply.

0 0 0

3. Re: Demist button default setting. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I received a telephone call today from Customer Services. Mijan (who doesn't sound technical at all) told me that he had spoken to the technical department who told him that the answer was that the demister button controls the vent selection!!!!! How unhelpful was that?
    I asked for that reply to be put in an email but was denied and told that Customer Services were unable to help any further, contact the ombudsman if I am still unhappy!!!!!

3 questions, thats all. There is no e-mail address or phone no for the technical department here or in Germany but I could try another Dealer!!!!!!
    Makes me mad!

0 0 0

4. Re: Demist button default setting. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagnite View Post
    I received a telephone call today from Customer Services. Mijan (who doesn't sound technical at all) told me that he had spoken to the technical department who told him that the answer was that the demister button controls the vent selection!!!!! How unhelpful was that?
    I asked for that reply to be put in an email but was denied and told that Customer Services were unable to help any further, contact the ombudsman if I am still unhappy!!!!!

3 questions, thats all. There is no e-mail address or phone no for the technical department here or in Germany but I could try another Dealer!!!!!!
    Makes me mad!
    As you are probably one of few people(i do not use this button almost never) who have been noticed this after recall, no chance that this will be fixed etc, but "handbook not correct" this is just a pure joke". So, you probably must live with it or let someone flash hvac, but at your own risk. If you have vcds, make a adaption map, i will take a look, but could be already sw thing(cant see in adaption map difference etc).
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 1 0

5. Re: Demist button default setting. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    OK, I give up! Totally lost confidence in Audi. Maybe I will start to get irritated again in the winter when the demist button is needed.
    Poor show Audi Hatfield and Audi UK.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12