I have been using this site for some time to get information on using my VAG 1552 tester. My usual browser is Firefox.

Yesterday I was checking something, and a pop-up window kept appearing bottom right of the screen asking if I wanted to consult an expert.

There was no obvious way of getting rid of it, so I ignored it.

Shortly afterwards my screen was taken over by ransomware, in French, posing as Microsoft, trying to convince me that my bank passwords had been compromised, and that I should phone the number displayed. I could not close the window, nor get rid of the dialogue boxes appearing with various warnings, and multiple tabs of advertising windows were also created.

I shut down and started again a few times, but the stuff reappeared after a few seconds.

Eventually I realised it took a certain time to reappear, so started again and immediately opened "Settings". This didn't stop Firefox opening with the malware, but it stayed minimised.

I then went to "Apps" to uninstall FF, but got a box saying I had to shut it down. Hovering over the FF icon in the taskbar I closed all the extra tabs one by one, and eventually was able to complete the uninstall.

I reinstalled FF by using MS Edge, blocked popups, and ran a quick scan. I then went again to the W/shop manuals site to continue looking for the page I wanted, but the ransomware came back.

At least I knew how to get rid of it, so am now back on line, but don't have anywhere to go for workshop manual

Is it possible to download enough via Erwin to cover everything for a poor old 1996 A4?

EDIT: Has anyone else had similar problems with this site?