1. Re: 2007 Passat EPB motor repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    " During both the open and close sequences I can hear BOTH motors in action, yet the hand brake on drivers side never actually engages. "

Either the SP Tool isn't winding the motor for long enough to clamp the pads or the new caliper is faulty.

I would set the handbrake on with the button so that the near side brake is on.

Then remove the motor on the driver side & wind the caliper torx until the pads clamp the disc stopping the wheel turning.

Then re-attach the motor & try the system a few times again.

If this doesn't work you will need a VCDS read before you go any further to find out what the controller thinks is wrong.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2007 Passat EPB motor repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Do what Philipharmes has mentioned first. Try all the easy options before jumping onto fixing the controller. I doubt the calipers are faulty but you can't rule anything out. Once I had my calipers installed they still acted silly even when I did what the above member mentioned. The control module was throwing codes that weren't true. So I spent a week chasing things to fix that worked fine. Send us a up to date fault code list.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2007 Passat EPB motor repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Right, so this is finally resolved, thank god!

I bought an OBDeleven device which arrived today. Plugged it in, scanned for codes which threw up the EPB issue. I cleared the codes and noticed the warning lights disappeared, so I pressed the EPB button to test it and it worked. Tried it a couple of times, handbrake is engaging both sides and releases as it should. No warning lights, no annoying beep when driving. Auto-Hold works again.

My luck must be in. Thanks all for the suggestions and advice.

Edit: If anyone is interested, these are the fault codes found on the EPB module:

53 Parking Brake

System description: EPB VC8HC003 013
    Software number: 3C0907801E
    Software version: 0003
    Hardware number: 3C0907801E
    Coding: 0000012

Trouble codes:
    02429 - Right parking brake motor tensioning force not reached Lower limit not reached
    static
    02433 - Right parking brake motor voltage supply Electrical malfunction in circuit
    static

0 0 0

4. Re: 2007 Passat EPB motor repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Great news, I'm glad it finally worked out for you

0 0 0

5. Re: 2007 Passat EPB motor repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm View Post
    Right, so this is finally resolved, thank god!

I bought an OBDeleven device which arrived today. Plugged it in, scanned for codes which threw up the EPB issue. I cleared the codes and noticed the warning lights disappeared, so I pressed the EPB button to test it and it worked. Tried it a couple of times, handbrake is engaging both sides and releases as it should. No warning lights, no annoying beep when driving. Auto-Hold works again.

My luck must be in. Thanks all for the suggestions and advice.

Edit: If anyone is interested, these are the fault codes found on the EPB module:
    Where did u get obdeleven device from

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12