Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi.
    I'm going to replace shock absorber and coil spring. I wants to mount something that they call: "for off road chaises shock absorber and coli spring". Can I use it if I probably have standard one?
    I have some goods in the boot, as well as 3 people in the back, and I see that the back is quite low. I would like to raise it a little.
    Can anyone recommend any suspension to lift the back of the car?
    Many thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: Suspension for MK6 Golf Variant 2012 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    You can retro fit the factory heavy duty system but there are many springs available and they have to be very carefully worked ou, the ride height increase is approx 20mm.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Suspension for MK6 Golf Variant 2012 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    You can retro fit the factory heavy duty system but there are many springs available and they have to be very carefully worked ou, the ride height increase is approx 20mm.
    Hi
    Can you give me any suggestion/part no?
    When I looking online, I'm so confused.
    I fund Shock absorber that is to: "heavy duty", "off road", and when I looking for springs is just: "with tow bar". There is not any spring for heavy duty.
    I really don't know if heavy duty, off road and tow bar - means the same "heavy duty"?
    Thanks.

0 0 0

4. Re: Suspension for MK6 Golf Variant 2012 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I have all the systems to work it out as per factory and it is still confusing, you would not believe the number of permutations of springs, there are 23 different part numbers for the front alone and 50 for the rear on just the front wheel drive estate. Firstly I need you VIN to work out what it has and then I can work out what the VW heavy duty system would be, we did this on an Octavia 4 wheel drive recently. The car was too low for where the owner lived so I worked out which springs and dampers it would have if it were the Scout model, it was very successful. Private message me your REG and I will have a look.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Suspension for MK6 Golf Variant 2012 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Your suspension is Pr-2UA standard design, the front springs are 1K0 411 105 AQ and marked with 1 grey and 4 blue or 1 violet, 1 orange and 1 blue paint mars and the car is in weight range Pr-L07 for range L07, ETKA helpfully omits what this means in actual Kg’s of axle weight range and the rear weight range is Pr-0YG range 07. Your front damper range is Pr-1JA and the rear Pr-G67. So, what we need is taller springs in the appropriate weight range.

The front wheel drive info gives us no clue but the 4 Motion info helps as the front springs are the same and it specifies the type and you would want type 2UB, they don’t list a 2UB L07 spring! The weight range starts at L13 which is one up from L07 on the 4 motion list so that would be spring 1K0 411 105 BC the specs of which are Thickness 12,25 mm Length 344 mm Outer diameter 140 mm.

ETKA does list a 1JB+0YG (heavy duty, range 07) rear spring, the 1K0 511 115 CN which is a Suplex 39302.

You would also need the appropriate dampers, I am going to lie down now…..

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Suspension for MK6 Golf Variant 2012 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi