Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Evening all,

Hoping someone can assist or point in me in the direction of where I can get some required information.

I'm planning to retrofit the OEM rear view camera to my 2017 Audi A4 B9 (Saloon), I've found the camera and the loom, however I'm really struggling to find any information on coding to activate it within the system... I've got OBDEleven with the Pro license on it's way as I'll be using this to activate the Lane Assist.

My car is the S-Line Black Edition 2.0 TDi (with AdBlue) and I really regret not getting the camera from day dot, I've got the front and rear sensors, but just feel it's missing the rear view.

Does anyone have the coding instructions to get the rear camera working?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mark

0 0 0

2. Re: Retrofit Rear View Camera to Audi A4 2017 B9 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Mark,

How did you get on with this? I’m looking at buying the parts for the exact same job - I’ve got the full tech pack MMI head Unit and just wanted to know if there was a guide you followed to get everything wired up and programmed, did you get it sorted?

Thanks for your help,

John

0 0 0

3. Re: Retrofit Rear View Camera to Audi A4 2017 B9 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sadly there isn't a full guide that I found. But what really helped me was downloading all the wiring diagrams and panel removing guides from the Audi erWin, it costs about £7 for an hours access but was well worth it and you can save all the bits for future use.

https://erwin.audi.com/erwin/showHome.do

I also purchased the following camera and loom from Ebay which the seller coded for my VIN which meant it was ready to go once wired up with just a couple adaptations.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283123324645

I installed the power to the fuse box aswell (in the correct location as detailed in the handbook) if you intend to do the same you will require these;

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132839545222

When connecting to the CAN BUS you will need to splice into those cables, so I purchased the following connectors which were neat and tidy;
    FOCCTS 12PCS Wire Connectors 2 Pin Low Voltage Electrical T Tap Quick Splice Wire Connector Solderless Without Stripping Suitable for 20-22 AWG Electrical Wire Connection: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Essentially I did it in phases, so my first phase i took all the boot lid cover apart following the instructions as this tells you exactly where all the clips are and how they come out saving any breakage. I then replaced the boot handle and ran all the loom into the fuse compartment in the boot and put all the boot lid covers back on.

My second phase was to sort the power and earth and run the remaining 4 cables into the rear passenger compartment. So I again followed the instructions to remove the boot side trim and removed the fuse rail to allow me to install the power, I then installed the earth lead to one of the earth points near the fuse box. Then put all the panels back on.

Third phase was to run the CAN BUS cables to the controller under the rear seat cover and run the MMI cables to the glove box, again follow the I.structions from the Audi guides for the door trims and seat.

Forth phase was the connections, so removed glove box and MMI and then spliced the CAN BUS cables together, put everything back and do your adaptations (provided by the Ebay seller of the camera).

Then all should be working.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Retrofit Rear View Camera to Audi A4 2017 B9 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markw1984 View Post
    Sadly there isn't a full guide that I found. But what really helped me was downloading all the wiring diagrams and panel removing guides from the Audi erWin, it costs about £7 for an hours access but was well worth it and you can save all the bits for future use.

https://erwin.audi.com/erwin/showHome.do

I also purchased the following camera and loom from Ebay which the seller coded for my VIN which meant it was ready to go once wired up with just a couple adaptations.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283123324645

I installed the power to the fuse box aswell (in the correct location as detailed in the handbook) if you intend to do the same you will require these;

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132839545222

When connecting to the CAN BUS you will need to splice into those cables, so I purchased the following connectors which were neat and tidy;
    FOCCTS 12PCS Wire Connectors 2 Pin Low Voltage Electrical T Tap Quick Splice Wire Connector Solderless Without Stripping Suitable for 20-22 AWG Electrical Wire Connection: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Essentially I did it in phases, so my first phase i took all the boot lid cover apart following the instructions as this tells you exactly where all the clips are and how they come out saving any breakage. I then replaced the boot handle and ran all the loom into the fuse compartment in the boot and put all the boot lid covers back on.

My second phase was to sort the power and earth and run the remaining 4 cables into the rear passenger compartment. So I again followed the instructions to remove the boot side trim and removed the fuse rail to allow me to install the power, I then installed the earth lead to one of the earth points near the fuse box. Then put all the panels back on.

Third phase was to run the CAN BUS cables to the controller under the rear seat cover and run the MMI cables to the glove box, again follow the I.structions from the Audi guides for the door trims and seat.

Forth phase was the connections, so removed glove box and MMI and then spliced the CAN BUS cables together, put everything back and do your adaptations (provided by the Ebay seller of the camera).

Then all should be working.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Superb info/guide, I’ll give it a go and let you know how I get on!

0 0 0

5. Re: Retrofit Rear View Camera to Audi A4 2017 B9 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How long did this take people to do? And how much of the car do you have to take apart to fit it?
    Really would like it - but a bit worried about the effort and breaking something.

0 0 0