1. Audi A7 tyres keep splitting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum abd have a really strange problem with my Audi A7 that I’d appreciate anyone advice on.

After 4 months of ownership approx 18 months ago I had the front left tyre split all around the inside edge. No un-even wear was showing throughout the surface of the tyre. I put this down to a malfunction with the tyre and replaced it. 6 months later I had the same happen with the back left tyre. Again this was replaced. 3 months later the back right did the same. Again on all occasions there was never any sign of uneven wear on the tyre tread. Audi advised this time to have the wheel alignment check which I have just had done through ATS where all tollerences were within green accept for the front right camber which was just in the red. Funnily enough the front right tyre has never caused me a problem. Whilst up on the ramp ATS looked at my other tyres and the back right which was replaced 4 months ago has a split on the inside edge. My next step is I’ve booked my car in to Audi on Tuesday for their advice in what can be causing my tyres to keep splittiting but never showing any sign of uneven wear.
    My question is if the camber or alignment was out even slightly could this cause a tyre to split without showing any other signs of uneven tread wear. Not sure if I can provide pictures or videos but I can show these seperatey .
    Thanks in advance. Carl

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A7 tyres keep splitting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    What tyres ?

Pics ?

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A7 tyres keep splitting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Been taking the speed humps a bit fast perhaps

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A7 tyres keep splitting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi Carlos,

Not sure if you have looked into this issue any further but it seems to be a common issue for a particular brand of tyre as I have recently found out - there are some useful links to other forums who are discussing this in more detail, my post is under "21” Tyre Recommendation?" in the A7 section of this forum.
    Audi A7 (2012), Black Edition 245 PS Tiptronic, Phantom Black

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A7 tyres keep splitting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just suffered full circumference split on inner edge on front left Bridgestone tyre on my A7, not easy to check wear here. Checked other front and that was worn similarly, so changed at same time. The rears are also worn here but not as bad so will change soon. There was only about 1mm useable tread left on the fronts. Audi say the tracking and alignment are not out by much. I wondered if you had any more feedback after your similar event? What tyres were you using did you change. I replaced with the same Bridgestone as I couldn’t fault them up to the point it blew out.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A7 tyres keep splitting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    This is a common fault from my research on the 21" Bridgestones which are the recommended tyre for this car - after a full brand new set replaced by Audi and the same defect occurring, the initial response from the dealership was that i had been running the tyres under inflated causing the issue which wasn't correct. I requested Audi send them back for manufacturer inspection as they all still had 5-6mm tread evenly across the face of each tyre.

Since inspection I have received confirmation from Bridgestone that they will be refunding me for the tyres based on the % tread depth left so overall around 50% refund on what I paid for the set - still waiting for the refund from my dealer 8 months on. as your tyres seem to be close to the legal tread depth i don't see the benefit in having the garage send them back for inspection

I didn't go for the Bridgestones again and selected the Continentals as they were a similar price and the alternative Pirellis were really expensive for a full set at the time. I haven't noticed too much difference in road noise or grip either. If you have just replaced with the same Bridgestones I’d suggest you keep the receipts and regularly check the inside walls – any signs of cracks and back to where you bought them – however I’d anticipate no automatic refund and for you to have to go through he same process of having to send the tyre (s) for inspection in addition to buying a new one to keep you on the road.
    The process has put me off 21” wheels all together.
    Audi A7 (2012), Black Edition 245 PS Tiptronic, Phantom Black

0 0 0