1. Black ‘Glass’ Buttons & Metal Console Buttons/Trim 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Petty detail to many but just ordered new A6(UK) and was hoping someone could shed some light on what I’ll be receiving or how to obtain the console finish upgrade.

Ive seen some vehicles with black glass buttons on bottom of lower touchscreen, metal buttons below that (instead of the crappy plastic finish) and metal parking brake and hill hold (see photos).

Only correlation I can find is the better trim appears to be included on vehicles with the city assist pack (which I don’t really want at £1,375).

Saw a UK motoring review which made reference to the buttons as an additional option but nothing in brochure.

Thought I’d try here before the dealer.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images
    On Order: A6 Sline 50 TDI quattro

0 0 0

2. Re: Black ‘Glass’ Buttons & Metal Console Buttons/Trim 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    My Sport with no options certainly has the version you show in the second photo. The upper photo is obviously a non UK car so it may just be something offered in other markets but not the uk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Black ‘Glass’ Buttons & Metal Console Buttons/Trim 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks but on the Audi Used website there are dozens of UK A6 vehicles for sale that show the better console finish so definitely available in the UK, just can’t work out what you’d need to order to achieve and suspect dealer wouldn’t know either without making calls.

0 0 0

4. Re: Black ‘Glass’ Buttons & Metal Console Buttons/Trim 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleyminors View Post
    Thanks but on the Audi Used website there are dozens of UK A6 vehicles for sale that show the better console finish so definitely available in the UK, just can’t work out what you’d need to order to achieve and suspect dealer wouldn’t know either without making calls.
    Think it may come with the extended LED lighting option. Car in your photo looks like it has it.

0 0 0

5. Re: Black ‘Glass’ Buttons & Metal Console Buttons/Trim 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I though the same but I’ve seen plenty of A6s with the extended LED lighting option but they still have the plastic buttons/trim.

Ive asked the dealer to confirm.

0 0 0

6. Re: Black ‘Glass’ Buttons & Metal Console Buttons/Trim 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    For anyone interested, the dealer has advised that only ‘pre-production’ models featured the enhanced interior trim and this is not available as an option on the A6.

Makes sense therefore that I’ve seen the better trim on many used A6 models being sold by the dealers i.e. ex demo vehicles.

Shame as the trim looks so much better and is available on other models sitting above the A6 in the the Audi range.

0 0 0

7. Re: Black ‘Glass’ Buttons & Metal Console Buttons/Trim 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Something for the facelift in a couple of years time then

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Black ‘Glass’ Buttons & Metal Console Buttons/Trim 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I bought an ex demo s-line avant and it has the option. It’s called “operating buttons in black glass look with haptic feedback including extended aluminum look”. Car was originally registered in September 2018, so probably one of the very first Avants. Also came with a load of other extras including suspension with damping control, 360 cameras, power doors, tech pack, Audi sport 20inch alloys, 4 zone climate, storage pack and extended interior ambient lighting pack. Also came with a dash rattle😔

2 1 0

9. Re: Black ‘Glass’ Buttons & Metal Console Buttons/Trim 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Mate,

I just got a very similar car but its A6 saloon. It has all the bells and whistles but also with Dash rattle. Were you able to resolve the rattle? I am already trying to convince my dealer.

cheers,

Pavan

0 0 0

10. Re: Black ‘Glass’ Buttons & Metal Console Buttons/Trim 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I live in Ireland but bought the car in the UK. My local dealer took the dash off and applied some sort of additional padding. The rattle pretty much went away after that. I sold the car after a few months.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast