2. Re: Sudden Power Loss - Lumpy Idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Further to my recent issues and advice from brilliant Members!

My problematic AUDI A6 ALLROAD will be going up for Sale to Site members First. I now what I can get SCRAP value for it - BUT I would rather sell it onto a member/enthusiast - than just Scrapping it to be lost for ever! I would rather it went to somebody as a donor car / or repair / or even used as spares to keep other members running a bit longer.

I really can't afford to spent any more money on it as it is supposed to be a Work car and have already spent loads on it during 2 and half years of owning.

I love the car (as we all do) But enough is enough. I need something to get me to work :/

So here are the good bits/bad bits and I being totally honest!

It is basically a really Nice looking Car. Silver /Black Plastic. Reg: BN03 GVE (check it out)

All Bodywork in good condition for age with no dents (a few scratches and blemishes but generally ok)

Passenger door only closes properly if shut gently!!! LOL

Air suspension is all good and works up and down as should. (but recent in extreme cold weather Yellow fault light was on sometimes indicating NOT working!.... lower it down and Turn it off over few hours ... and was okay again and been okay since).... All corners sit as should.

History: I Bought this car in Nov 16 with 140k on clock. Now has 181k in Feb 19

I used it for 6 months with no issues. but at around 150k - the Alternator/PS belt snapped .... because the tensioner bolt had sheared (common issue I believe)!

Repaired at cost of £1300. New Crank Shaft Pulley, Tensioner, Water Pump and Cam Belt at same time (whilst front off car) , Plus all Other belts etc

Within last 20K it has also had New Alternator Fitted - and then few months later a New Power Steering Pump (which I had to get from Germany)

So All the stuff on the front of the engine is pretty New(ish)

Other Points:
    Gearbox always good (did have issue at One time with water ingress to G/box ECU but was resolved on this site THANKS) And not been any issue since.

Really Needs new front discs and pads. (had pads just didn't get round to fitting before stopped! on me!)

Front Antiroll Bar needs new Bushes to drop links both sides.

BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR IN PRETTY GOOD CONDITION.

Radio/CD/Sat Nav all work good.

ermmmm. Pretty original car

Basically... the car is great and worked great (see above) .... all electrics works. Air Suspension works, gearbox works....... Just engine not playing nice now

If any members want to come and pick it up for a reasonable price please PM me for details.

Many thanks to ALL for advice and support
    Yangi

0 0 0

3. Re: Sudden Power Loss - Lumpy Idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Those cams look shot. IF you change them it is VITAL you also replace the oil check valves under the turbo, these are part of the reason for your floppy lifters.... When you rebuild, I strongly advise you to use a ZDDP oil additive so the news cams last long enough buntlines non EU6 diesels get banned totally.
    So why would one follower in particular have no restistance?

0 0 0

4. Re: Sudden Power Loss - Lumpy Idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphitryon View Post
    So why would one follower in particular have no restistance?
    I wondered also. Not sure what would cause 1 to fail? Unless in points to a deeper issue somewhere?

And indeed I know nothing about the set up on these engines? (and struggle to describe it as more used to Bike engines in bits than cars!) Give me a Camshaft That clearly does Inlet OR Exhaust, with a Valve Guide/Spring/Bucket and Shim arrangement and I happy as Larry

Would be interesting to know the make up of the 'lifters / followers' though.... material / seals / etc... just out of technical interest??

Crasher?????? Could you put into easy understand words for us??

C

0 0 0

5. Re: Sudden Power Loss - Lumpy Idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My Car is now offered for Sale as 'Spares or Repair' in For Sale Section of Forum to Members 1st.

I am hoping there are some members/A6 Allroad enthusiasts who have space(and or desire) to either put another engine in this car and sort other small issues - OR have ability to Recycle the many many still good bits to other members to keep their cars on the road as cheap as possible through this site. Everybody has been such a help over the time I have owned the car - maybe a way of 'giving something back'.

Car will need collecting by Truck (NON RUNNER) from Gravesend in Kent.

I am not greedy. Would like a reasonable offer above scrap value before I either put on ebay or send to scrap yard - which would be a real shame to loose a car that most bits (apart from engine work)

If RECYCLING PARTS (door mirrors / Light Fittings/Radio-CD etc alone probably would at least cover initial costs)

I know it not that simple - and A6 Allroad in decline... But Just saying

0 0 0

6. Re: Sudden Power Loss - Lumpy Idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Has it got heated seats? My business partner has a 2005 which he bought from a customer a few years ago and she had spent a fortune on it. We needed a full rear end to work with Powerflex to develop a full kit but bought one a few weeks ago which is now with them for development. He would like heated front seats though, how much were you thinking? I can get it picked up if it is moveable.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Sudden Power Loss - Lumpy Idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Has it got heated seats? My business partner has a 2005 which he bought from a customer a few years ago and she had spent a fortune on it. We needed a full rear end to work with Powerflex to develop a full kit but bought one a few weeks ago which is now with them for development. He would like heated front seats though, how much were you thinking? I can get it picked up if it is moveable.
    See PM Crasher.

Many Thanks

0 0 0

8. Re: Sudden Power Loss - Lumpy Idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The 2003 A6 Allroad has now passed on.... to an Audi Breakers - so hopefully all the good bits might find their way to other cars to keep them going.
    It's a shame because it was a lovely car and I enjoyed driving it

Kind Regards for everybody's help.
    Yangi

0 0 0

9. Re: Sudden Power Loss - Lumpy Idle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    It is where they are all headed within a few years, Autocar reviewed one today and basically lamented their nightmarish running costs.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234