1. Re: Left foot rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    What amazes me is that this seems to affect such a small number of people? It's a crap design as far as I'm concerned but only a small number of people notice it. Whoever passed that design must have one leg longer than the other.

0 0 0

2. Re: Left foot rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    I have my seat back as far as it will go, I purposely put my foot on the rest yesterday and its perfect, leg is slightly bent but very comfortable. Right leg is bent more but not to the point its uncomfortable. I'm on my second C7 and done approx. 60k miles between them often doing 400miles plus in a single trip and never have I been uncomfortable. Have you tried altering the seat base height and angle? I found the pedal position great in the A6, if you want bad pedal position try driving a Peugeot 106 or Citroen AX.
    It must just be personal preference for foot position etc.
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

3. Re: Left foot rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Tried the seat up, down, in, out, the base up and down but just can't seem to find a good position. If I get me left leg right, my right leg is bent and uncomfortable. If I get my right leg right, my left foot is kind of hanging and gets uncomfortable. I think the ingress of the tunnel into the footwell doesn't help to be fair.

Everything else about the car is great btw so its not an A6 bashing thread. I drove Accords for 20 years before the A6 so I suppose the the general lack of space in the footwell compared to what I'm used to could be a contributor too. Accords had acres of space for a driver.

0 0 0

4. Re: Left foot rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uBondapak View Post
    Tried the seat up, down, in, out, the base up and down but just can't seem to find a good position. If I get me left leg right, my right leg is bent and uncomfortable. If I get my right leg right, my left foot is kind of hanging and gets uncomfortable. I think the ingress of the tunnel into the footwell doesn't help to be fair.

Everything else about the car is great btw so its not an A6 bashing thread. I drove Accords for 20 years before the A6 so I suppose the the general lack of space in the footwell compared to what I'm used to could be a contributor too. Accords had acres of space for a driver.
    The joys of front wheel drive and no transmission tunnel.

For the foot rest I'd be tempted to get the right size and shape with a block of wood, then have a look around for something similar in either plastic or rubber and bond it to the original foot rest.
    Now I mean no offence by this but, have a look on some mobility websites that do wheels chairs etc and adaptations to cars for disabled people, chances are there is something on the market that would work for you and make your driving experience a lot more comfortable.

0 0 0

5. Re: Left foot rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    The part number for the foot rest is 4G2 864 777 A, maybe buy a spare one and modify it. Looks like it just clips in.

0 0 0

6. Re: Left foot rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    This really annoys me too! The seat is in the perfect position in relation to the pedals and am not willing to move it further forward, but can only just touch the dead pedal with my toes, and because I like the squab extension all the way out (sline seats) it gets uncomfortable back of thigh on long trips so end up with foot flat on floor, which is also uncomfortable! It's a stupid design, what the hell were they thinking?! Otherwise it's the most comfortable car I've ever driven, seems they just had a brain fart when it came to the dead pedal lol.

0 0 0

7. Re: Left foot rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I can't understand it either. How did it get approved? Occasionally I have to drive my wife's horrific Hyundai IX35 and I always notice how badly organised and laid out the A6 is in terms of pedals.

0 0 0

8. Re: Left foot rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Its strange but I find it superb, I can use the rest when I want and when I don't want to its not in my way. I love the layout. Maybe its just a personal thing.

0 0 0

9. Re: Left foot rest 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great to come across this. Has anyone found a thicker footrest one can fit to the A6 C7. The C6 was perfect, very comfy - but I find the C7 painfully flat/thin which pitches your toe down and stretches your ankle. I have a block of wood there at the moment but something better would be good. Thanks.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12