Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I am new to this forum and also new to Audi ownership. So far I am absolutely loving my A6 Avant C6 Limited Edition (photo added to profile). Fantastic car and such a nice place to be. Car was bought with under 67000 miles and is in pretty much immaculate condition and has full service history (mostly Audi history).

I do have one slight issue that is starting to get really annoying though. The glove box only shuts properly on the left hand side. I have looked at where the clips fasten in place and notice there is a plastic (triangular shaped plastic clip with a circular hole where the catch clips into) missing. Clearly this is the cause!!! I have attached 2 photos, 1 with the plastic clip and one without. Hopefully this will help to show the part I am looking for.

I have looked online and tried multiple searches and I am not able to locate anywhere that sells the plastic part mentioned. I think it might end up been a trip to the scrap yard in the hope of finding one although thought I’d give the forum a shout first. Anyone know where I can get this small plastic bit from at all?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
    Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: Newbie hello + Glove box issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Someone else will probably chip in and prove me wrong, but finding exactly the right Audi part might be tricky and expensive. It looks like you could easily fashion something of the correct shape from some waste plastic packaging and stick it there. Just a matter of cutting the outside shape with a hole of the right size then using some suitable glue that would keep it stuck there. Hopefully not a very visible location as it’s towards the top of the glovebox so shielded from view if you’re sitting in one of the seats?
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Tiptronic (C6 pre-facelift) - left hand drive

0 0 0

3. Re: Newbie hello + Glove box issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Surely this part is fairly standard across he c6’s?? I can find the part for an a4 although wrong shape for A6. So annoying that I can’t find one on eBay etc.

0 0 0

4. Re: Newbie hello + Glove box issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

5. Re: Newbie hello + Glove box issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    That was never released as a spare part, so the only option is to find another glovebox.

0 0 0