1. C7 2016 3.0 TDI V6 Emissions fix from Audi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    So guys, my C7 A6 3.0TDI 2016 is in with Audi on 1st March for an MOT. They mentioned that there was an emissions fix available for my car, which suprised me a little as I was under the impression the V6 had escaped all of this nonsense. I have said that I don't want any updates applied and they have made a note, so fingers crossed they wont do any!

So my question is, has anybody with a 3.0 TDI 268bhp engine had the emissions update applied and what was the result, any changes to engine behaviour? I've had a search around and the majority of comments appear to focus on the 2.0 TDI engine, which is a different beast :-)

cheers
    Audi A6 Avant 2019 Black Edition, C8, 3.0TFSI S Tronic. Tech Pack, Parking Pack, Tow Bar, Tour pack.

0 0 0

2. Re: C7 2016 3.0 TDI V6 Emissions fix from Audi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    When I went to see Audi a few months ago, the rep said when I book it in for service, they will update the car. I asked them whether it was to do with the emissions scandal. And he was very defensive about the update saying it was just something to do with adblue. Seemed a bit suspicious too me. So not too sure what to do yet

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

0 0 0

3. Re: C7 2016 3.0 TDI V6 Emissions fix from Audi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    When I questioned the service department they said it was for the emissions update. So yeah, not quite sure what to expect, so going for the side of caution and not having it applied seems to be the safest option at the moment.
    Audi A6 Avant 2019 Black Edition, C8, 3.0TFSI S Tronic. Tech Pack, Parking Pack, Tow Bar, Tour pack.

0 0 0

4. Re: C7 2016 3.0 TDI V6 Emissions fix from Audi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gav28uk View Post
    When I questioned the service department they said it was for the emissions update. So yeah, not quite sure what to expect, so going for the side of caution and not having it applied seems to be the safest option at the moment.
    I remember reading about a few guys getting it done on other forum. They were saying it may effect bhp (only a small amount). And someone else said you get a 3 month warranty on anything to do with the fuel system. Something like that.

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

0 0 0

5. Re: C7 2016 3.0 TDI V6 Emissions fix from Audi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    There increasing Adblue to reduce NOx ?

0 0 0

6. Re: C7 2016 3.0 TDI V6 Emissions fix from Audi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    There increasing Adblue to reduce NOx ?
    OK, so I wonder what the change to performance is with this increase? I guess the obvious initial impact will be higher AdBlue consumption, but anything else? I don't suppose anybody has a link to any technical documents/reviews following this update?

0 0 0

7. Re: C7 2016 3.0 TDI V6 Emissions fix from Audi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Should be fine as Adblue is post combustion thus doesn't interfere with combustion unlike egr , but will they secretly tweek that too ?

0 0 0

8. Re: C7 2016 3.0 TDI V6 Emissions fix from Audi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I had this update done. I had a problem with the Adblue warning coming on that the car would not start in 600 miles time despite the Adblue being topped up. Intermittent fault. Swindon charged me £60 for the privilege of conducting a fault scan of this problem and told me a software update solved the problem.

I was was also aware of the recall for emission software update. I suspect these two updates mentioned were in fact the same.

Still. It was a better outcome of an indi who told me her fault would require a replacement Adblue pump and mega bucks!!!

ive not noticed any change in performance and I also have the 3.0 tdi 272 Quattro (2015)

0 0 0

9. Re: C7 2016 3.0 TDI V6 Emissions fix from Audi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Similar vein to my MOT last week; offered a "emission fix" remap and told i needed an Ad Blue top up. I declined the map and when I questioned how the car can pass an MOT and still need a "fix" they took a tangent to say that an MOT does not check emissions that closely.....something is amiss here!

0 0 0

10. Re: C7 2016 3.0 TDI V6 Emissions fix from Audi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    MOT tests for an arbitary level of emissions, whilst the "Dieselgate" issue relates to very specific levels of emissions that relate to the vehicle being classified with a certain type approval and not something your average MOT test station could be able to test for. The reason there have been issues with new car availabilty is that there are only a handful of test stations in Europe that can do the full emissions test
    this software fixc is n
    There hve been issues with the software used to control the AdBlue pump (had the issue on my 2.0 C7 Ultra) and the software fix is for that and not the one that changes the programming of the main ECU to remove the dodgy code that Audi/VW put in to allow the cars to pass the emissions test based on the very precise way the test was conducted and did not reflect real life

0 0 0