Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi A4 3.0L TDI Battery Replacement - with Error Codes?

1. Audi A4 3.0L TDI Battery Replacement - with Error Codes? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    My 09 Audi A4 Battery finally gave up the ghost after some 10 years of service, I went to start it after it had been stood for a few weeks to find it made just a clicking sound followed by some "Beeps" a message popped up say Battery Low will probably charge up after some driving? lol yes if I could start the engine it would?

Rang my Audi dealer and was shocked by price they wanted for replacement, so I popped around to my local Halfords got the very same spec Battery 12V 110AH @ 900A Cold crank for half the price.

Popped it in, the car then started at first turn of the key, I noticed that the clock showed 0:00 time and the date was 01:01:2007, so I quickly re-set time and date, then after engine was running for about 30 seconds a message and Beep came up "Ignition Lock Defective?" with a symbol of a yellow Key with a Red X through it?

What does this mean??

Anyhow I have an Ancel FX4000 ODBII scan tool, so I hooked it up to see if I could find any codes? I preformed a quick scan and to my amazement I had errors in almost every module??? Door left, Door Right, Steering, ABS, Engine ever radio had a error code? I spend ages clearing all these codes and turned of ignition and this "Ignition Lock Defective" message seems to have gone away?

So is it normal after changing the vehicle's battery to get so many codes? Could it of been from when I was attempting to start it with a defective flat battery when the starter solenoid was just clicking and the dash lights going really dim?

I did note the original vehicle battery dropped down to about 8 volts!! so could this of upset the computer modules and written in these codes?

The car seems fine now, I'll run it a bit and check for any new codes?

I did discover one code which wouldn't erase it said something about wheel damper / comfort ? could this be a real problem with the Audi Drive select I have fitted as an option?

Thanks
    Audi A4 3.0TDI Q SE Lava Grey + B&O, Audi Drive Select, Sports Seats, Sun Roof, DVD Sat Nav Plus, Blue Tooth Phone Prep, Audi Hill Assist, Rear Parking Aid, Electric Seats, Light Pack, Audi Audio Interface, MMI etc... and 4 Halfords Bulbs lol....

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A4 3.0L TDI Battery Replacement - with Error Codes? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    After old battery is dead and replacing with new it is normal to have "redish" scan, so no point to discuss, just clear errormemory and check after what errors you have in real life.
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A4 3.0L TDI Battery Replacement - with Error Codes? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Did you have to programme new battery in or was it not required

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A4 3.0L TDI Battery Replacement - with Error Codes? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Don't know want you mean by program in the battery? it's just a + & - cables and the car started right up? I did have loads of errors come up but nothing to do with the new battery, I asked the Audi dealer first off he said as long as you replace like for like then no need to do anything else so I changed a 110 AH for a new 110 AH job sorted, wasn't paying Audi prices lol
    Audi A4 3.0TDI Q SE Lava Grey + B&O, Audi Drive Select, Sports Seats, Sun Roof, DVD Sat Nav Plus, Blue Tooth Phone Prep, Audi Hill Assist, Rear Parking Aid, Electric Seats, Light Pack, Audi Audio Interface, MMI etc... and 4 Halfords Bulbs lol....

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A4 3.0L TDI Battery Replacement - with Error Codes? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Might need coding I installed a new one about 2 weeks ago didn’t have a BEM code on the new Bosch battery so I just changed one digit in the serial number and all is well car battery meter was showing 90% but after a drive went up to 100% and hasn’t moved since
    I did have to set time date etc and clear some fault code bug good as new

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A4 3.0L TDI Battery Replacement - with Error Codes? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Dear Paul’s 898,
    I had a similar problems with a VW Golf when changing the battery. Lots of head scratching fault codes, nearly drove me mad. I did read that changing batteries can throw lots of codes.

Started and drove the car a small distance and all the MIL lights cleared. I am almost sure a code is not required for a battery replacement, definitely not for the mk6 golf.

Best wishes
    John

0 0 0