1. Remote unlocking and aerial 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, finally managed to sort the wiring for my after market dab stereo. Just have to fit the windscreen aerial. I am still having problems with the distance the keyfob will work. At one stage the remote wouldn't work until I changed the stereo wires. On the ccm module unit one plug has what looks like a thin coax cable and a black wire. Can I t tap an extra wire in for an aerial? Also is the fob aerial connected to the roof aerial. It's so frustrating having to stand next to the car window to open it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Remote unlocking and aerial 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Does this help at all: convenience key defective? Can you get a VCDS scan to see if it is showing any antenna errors? If you get to the end of the thread you'll see they replaced a transistor (FET) on the CCM.

Aerials are funny things. They rely on "waveguide" behaviours rather than simple conductivity so things like sharp bends, crushing or changing length can compromise their pickup. So you could replace the antenna with similar (in a radio sense) one, but unlikely that a simple piece of wire will do the job.

0 0 0

3. Re: Remote unlocking and aerial 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply, sorry I've only just noticed it add my settings on the phone are wrong.
    I'll have a good look at the article when I can but at the moment the soaked ccm was replaced which gave me back all the interior lights etc. When I bought the car the previous owner was just using the key in the door routine. I purchased a used ccm to replace the damaged one and lights etc. now work. I can see the insulated copper wire(in the clear sheath) going into one pin on the plug and a black cable coming from another pin which is"attached" to the outer layer.
    I can borrow a vcds and scan the codes hopefully this week. I was wondering if I removed current wire(s) and put in a new aerial cable (basically a thin coax?) and installed it would the be any benefit.
    Where would the aerial/ antenna wire usually end up? Is it grounded to somewhere or attached to another module?
    Somebody mentioned about either behind one of the rear pillars or somewhere.??
    I will try and get a reading when I can it's just getting the machine.

The keyfob will open the doors etc. But I have to point it at the ccm which is currently resting on a pile of crap in the footwell to keep it visible, also I need to be almost leaning on the window pointing!!

0 0 0

4. Re: Remote unlocking and aerial 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hiya,
    How's this for strange. I bought a cheap VW copy remote fob. I synced it with the car and with that remote I can operate or from good distance must have been the old VW remotes going. The next problem is finding a locksmith that can cut the blade. Needs a sidewinder cutter or something. Then the programming. Tried vcds but it was playing up and wouldn't code another key. It also comes up with too many can bus errors yet only a couple of faults.
    Progress anyway. If I find a cutter in south Wales I'll leave a note

0 0 0

5. Re: Remote unlocking and aerial 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    If memory serves you can't code these keys with VCDS. Since you've paired the remote part of the new fob why don't you take the circuit board out of it and put it in the old one. You'll then have the key blade and coded transponder from the old one together with a working remote. Not sure if you're aware but the disable coding is not on the circuit board but on a small component glued into the key end of the fob.

You have I assume tried new batteries in the old fob???

0 0 0

6. Re: Remote unlocking and aerial 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Top man, I'll give that a go tomorrow.. Didn't think of that, I thought the board inside did everything

I'll let you know in the next couple of days

Cheers for that

0 0 0

7. Re: Remote unlocking and aerial 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Be careful the transponder chip doesn't drop out when opening up the fob, the glue sometimes deteriorates with age and it'll be a bugger to find if you drop it. Good luck!!

0 0 0

8. Re: Remote unlocking and aerial 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just put the original blade and top portion of the VW fob onto the Chinese body and it works perfect. Just ordered another Chinese fob and will so the same. Super happy I had put new batteries etc. In the original fobs and they were still rubbish. One fob drained the new battery really quick.
    Really pleased ad I can now put the ccm module back( going to seal it first) so I can put the carpet back down if it's totally dry and have my footwell back!!!!

Pure brilliance, thanks again.

0 0 0

9. Re: Remote unlocking and aerial 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Haven't read the history of your CCM problems but I assume you've located and solved the water leak (drain plugs under battery/brake servo, pollen filter seal, window regulator carrier seal)??

0 0 0

10. Re: Remote unlocking and aerial 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My friend owns a key cutters and did my sidewinder keys. Happy days. Just sent for vagtacho to have a go at coding the Chinese keys. All good so far. Waiting for better weather to finish drying out the footwell carpet and open up, test, check etc. as much of the loom add possible. It's saying can bus errors but as there is no can bus per se on that year they're are two cables to the dash and door locks etc. Which are counted as can bus. Oh for the good weather, or at least no rain

0 0 0