Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have got a 2007 (57 plate) Caddy 2K.

I currently have a RCD300 headunit fitted, with a horrible aftermarket nokia handsfree bluetooth system.
    I would like to replace this tired looking headunit with something more modern, like a RCD310 or RCD510.
    I have done some research, and understand I will need to change to a later CAN Gateway to avoid the well known battery drain issues.
    I believe that neither the RCD310 or RCD510 have inbuilt bluetooth like the RNS315, but I am not bothered about OEM sat nav.

My question is, if I retrofit an RCD510 headunit with a newer CAN Gateway and VW bluetooth module, how will I control the phone without steering wheel buttons? I know there is a "Phone" button on the RCD510, but I don't know what functionality I would have without buttons on the steering wheel?

Any help appreciated,
    Rich

0 0 0

2. Re: RCD510 bluetooth... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Not sure if it will help you, but when I got a Bluetooth module to add to the RNS510 in our newer VW I had a quick experiment to see if it worked with the RCD300 in the 53 plate Touran. This was what I found out: Modern Bluetooth module, old car, no MFSW / radio control: it works!!

So you could get the module and try it with the RCD300. If you can control the actual handset via a spare finger or voice you may not need an RCD upgrade.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. RCD510 + Bluetooth
    By tec1 in forum Golf MK6 - 2009 - 2013
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25-08-2014, 12:49 PM
  2. Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510
    By Teflon in forum In Car Entertainment
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 06:08 PM
  3. Add Bluetooth to RCD510
    By anand81uk in forum Golf MK6 - 2009 - 2013