Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I would read that just after shutting that PC down..... I knew it was going to be one of those days as I was trying to poop a scoop the cats litter this morning...

There is the usual TPI 202687/9 about swarf in the fuel filter and in the regulating valve but they did not find any and that SHOULD be accompanied by P008700 low pressure code, most of the TPI's are about infotainment and phone connection problems, seems that is all that is important these days...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

2. Re: High pressure pump ticking sound 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Lol ...
    Thanks for checking, I guess I will have to be from those people who have to live with the noise and blame the pump for being noisy . A mystery as the diagnostic guy said.
    Anyway thanks again the time spent replying me and I will be keeping this post up to date if I discover anything!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 1 0

3. Re: High pressure pump ticking sound 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Update: I had to rent a small van today, I got a VW Caddy 1.6 TDI on a 18 plate with 8k on clock. Guess what ? The pump is doing the exact same buzzing sound than my A3. So I guess this pump can get noisy without indicating than the pump is failing. What I found strange is why some cars have the buzzing sound and some other don't have it...

Last edited by vinee59; 17-02-2019 at 10:55 AM.

1 0 0

4. Re: High pressure pump ticking sound 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you get to the bottom of this mate? I’ve just bought a 2.0 tdi A3 black edition, drove it motorway miles home then noticed the exact same noise, stripped it down tonight to rule out alt pulley, cambelt tensioner etc then put a screwdriver stethoscope to the pump and narrowed it down to that, then just found your thread.

0 0 0

5. Re: High pressure pump ticking sound 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No I stopped searching to be honest...as long as you don't have metal bits inside the pump indicating the pump is destroying itself from the inside I don't think there is something to worry about, it is just a noise I will have to live with. There is no cheap solution that will allow you to get ride of it, you will have to try new pump or potentially new cam belt (as some people suggested it could be a timing issue)

0 0 0

6. Re: High pressure pump ticking sound 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    But still doesn't explain why the sound is already there for newer cars with lower mileage than mine...that is a mystery

0 0 0

7. Re: High pressure pump ticking sound 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well it puts my mind at rest a little I guess, I’m a ex mechanic and didn’t notice it when I test drove the car, until I got home then I noticed it was sounding different, didn’t seem right to me but had I of heard it on test drive would I of really worried about it? Who knows, I’ll chance the fuel filter and drive on.

0 0 0

8. Re: High pressure pump ticking sound 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You could try the fuel filter but I don't think it will change much, it is all about that noisy valve...i was tempted to go Ausi at the some point to get a diagnostic but I can already guess the outcome being them telling me to change the pump and potentially resulting me having that so9nd still there, shame really, don'tget me wrong I love that CR engine, it is smooth and fast but I don't expect it to be as reliable as my old 1.9 tdi... what is the mileage on yours?

0 0 0

9. Re: High pressure pump ticking sound 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hey,

Same problem Audi A3 2.0 litres,

Anyone had any issues with their EGR I think it’s related at the same wiring loom goes into the EGR.

Took the EGR off today to clean all the gunk out and now got the HPFP ticking. (Wasn’t an issue before)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: High pressure pump ticking sound 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    But egr deals with exhaust gas not fuel injection... heard a brand new Passat today with the same ticking sound.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast