1. Audi A3 2010 Issues with power down passenger side of car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone, new to the forum as a registered member but been reading the forum on and off for years, nice to make my first post....

Can anyone shed some light on an issue I have with my Audi A3 2010 Sportback, I seem to have no power going down the passenger side of the car. The central locking does not work and neither do the electric windows or the wing mirror motor and none of the switches light up. The drivers side electrics all work apart from the petrol cap lock mechanism and also the rear wiper motor seems to kick in and not move upon ignition and then seems to have no power, not sure if these last two are related....anyway. I popped into a local motor electrics back street garage and left the car to be looked at, he checked all the wiring in the looms and said all was ok and not getting any shorts e.t.c and wires are all intact. He seemed to think it was the passenger front door module at fault and would get me the part number to order a new module, he seems to have lost the part number that he wrote down

I am going to attempt to remove the door card tomorrow and have a look at the module and try and do it myself, I just want to clarify some things myself though, if the front door passenger module is faulty would this then cause the rear doors/windows/power not work. The guy at garage said upon taking the door card off the connectors going to the module were disconnected (yes I bought the car like this without knowing) and when he connected them to the module all the central locking started going crazy across all doors (unlocking then locking) to which he believes that the module is shorting the rest of the electrics out..??

Does the wiring run through the front door module into the rear, I just want to get a bit more idea as to what can cause this, I have a list of the codes reported from the diagnostics on a print out, I will attempt to attach the jpg image.

I just want to know where I am going to go with this before I start pulling things apart and going deep down the rabbit hole. Appreciate any ideas, thanks in advanced.

P.S Looking at the list of faults that reported back, it's the permanent ones that are the major issues here. Not sure why I have intermittent issues. The loss of communication with the HVAC I believe happened once, I went to start the car and everything went dead, the cluster, the radio, the lot ! I have been using the car a fair bit since this happened and has not happened again. The guy at garage did re do all the wires in the loom. I really don't know if that could happen from a short elsewhere in the car, I guess it could ?? Anyways I just need to get my central locking working and the windows at moment , thanks again.
    Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A3 2010 Issues with power down passenger side of car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    The convenience unit on the 8P is located in the right rear corner of the boot. As the 8P rear window wiper motor is an absolute joke of unreliableabilty, it leaks salty screen wash water into the lid and this ruins the lock unit. As you lift the lid, this water runs down the pillars of the tailgate and leaks into the body C pillars and down into the boot where it drenches the convenience unit and rots its pins and plugs, often pins snap off the unit as you pull the plugs.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A3 2010 Issues with power down passenger side of car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, thanks! I had the door card off today on front passengers side and sure enough one lead from the module was disconnected (the one from door panel and the smaller one was still connected) this is where the garage fella said the issue was, I connected it back up and the doors would still not lock and still no power to the led's on the switches, strangely when I used the drivers side button to wind the window down it also wound down the passengers side at the same time lol the window passenger switch would still not work on drivers side though, I am assuming this is why someone has left it permanently disconnected from the module in the passenger door.

I did then have a crack at getting to the convenience unit on the right side, it was starting to rain and get dark at this stage so I couldn't work out best way to get in there, so I just pulled the carpet back from the corners to have a peek, I could see a silver metal box with a big connector going into top, is this the unit ? I wiggled the connector a bit to see if any change, I will have another go tomorrow. More annoyingly the airbag warning light has come on now since fiddling with these two things.

Just to add I took some pics of the control module in passenger door with the serial number e.t.c , searching around the net I seem to get results that this module is for a VW golf or passat, they may just use these in audi a3's depending on where manufactured but not sure. I will attach the pic also , thanks again

EDIT : Forget about the airbag light on, I just realised I left the plug to the door sensor for crash impact disconnected right at the bottom of the door lol , that's what that is then, hopefully light will clear when I plug it back in .. DOH

moduleflip1.jpgmodule2.jpg
    Last edited by Audinoob; 09-02-2019 at 09:14 PM.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A3 2010 Issues with power down passenger side of car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Ohh no it won’t, it has to be cleared using a suitable diagostic system.

I can’t be sure from home on my iPad but it is odd it having a Golf 5 door controller, I would expect the part number to start 8P.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0