Notices

User Tag List

Thread: RS6 Adaptive Air Suspension in lift mode - how high?

1. RS6 Adaptive Air Suspension in lift mode - how high? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    At the movement I am dreaming of an RS6, but I can't find any information on how high the RS6 air suspension goes in lift mode, and whether lift mode can only be operated when parked or on the move.

Does anyone know how high the RS6 rides in lift mode, or have any photos of it in lift mode? I currently have an S-line Avant with sports suspension, and there are a few places I visit where the underside scrapes the ground, so would like to know whether the RS6 in lift mode rides higher than the standard A6 sports suspension, and therefore I would be less likely to scrape.

Thanks!

0 0 0

2. Re: RS6 Adaptive Air Suspension in lift mode - how high? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Donít think the rs6 has air suspension. My mates one has magride or something similar.
    S6 has air though.

0 0 0

3. Re: RS6 Adaptive Air Suspension in lift mode - how high? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    533 Post(s)
    Air suspension is standard, the steel spring Dynamic system was an option and it utterly ruins the car... However it does mean you can go over 174mph which is SO important!
    Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

0 0 0

4. Re: RS6 Adaptive Air Suspension in lift mode - how high? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Dunno how high Lift mode goes but if it's like the air suspension on an all road then it can be activated on the move but only at quite slow speeds
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

5. Re: RS6 Adaptive Air Suspension in lift mode - how high? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies so far. My old A6 (c6) had air suspension and I remember that that automatically lowered from highest setting once a certain speed was exceeded. I just haven't been able to find any information on the RS6 air suspension - hopefully lift mode would give sufficient clearance for rutted access tracks, but it may not lift the car higher than normal A6 sport suspension height... Hopefully someone on here has an RS6!

0 0 0

6. Re: RS6 Adaptive Air Suspension in lift mode - how high? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Lift mode, which can be engaged while on the move - up to 60mph or so - does lift the car measurably - 25-40mm? But the RS6 sits quite high, anyway (although air cars sit lower than DRC cars). But the car doesn't sit that low, anyway. My car has significantly more ground clearance in Comfort mode than my brother's Mondeo, which was a surprise. The car drops in Dynamic mode or at speed (if "AUTO" is selected), which I think is the same as the A6.

I wouldn't say that I would want to tackle a deeply-rutted track in my car; but I don't need Lift mode to clear even the very aggressive speed humps in our high street (most of which have pot holes at their leading edge). I have no concerns about bottoming out even on quite uneven ground.

1 0 0

7. Re: RS6 Adaptive Air Suspension in lift mode - how high? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Do you have vcds by any chance? Need some settings if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbore View Post
    Lift mode, which can be engaged while on the move - up to 60mph or so - does lift the car measurably - 25-40mm? But the RS6 sits quite high, anyway (although air cars sit lower than DRC cars). But the car doesn't sit that low, anyway. My car has significantly more ground clearance in Comfort mode than my brother's Mondeo, which was a surprise. The car drops in Dynamic mode or at speed (if "AUTO" is selected), which I think is the same as the A6.

I wouldn't say that I would want to tackle a deeply-rutted track in my car; but I don't need Lift mode to clear even the very aggressive speed humps in our high street (most of which have pot holes at their leading edge). I have no concerns about bottoming out even on quite uneven ground.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill plates,Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

8. Re: RS6 Adaptive Air Suspension in lift mode - how high? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Sorry, no. I don't have VCDS.

0 0 0