1. 1.5TSI or 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm due a lease car change in June and can't decide between the petrol or diesel manuals. On paper, both seem very similar performance and I am vearing towards the petrol for no reason other than a change form having had diesels for ages.

Has anyone experience of both and can say whether the petrol is strong enough?

0 0 0

2. Re: 1.5TSI or 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would go for the petrol although you may want to opt for the dsg as the manual one has some teething issues at the moment, something about being jumpy from starting off

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: 1.5TSI or 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It may be outside your budget but it is a shame we cannot have the 2 litre 4 Motion in the UK.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

4. Re: 1.5TSI or 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have a new estate with the 1.5 TSI manual. Never seemed to run well cold, kangaroos and doesn't like 2nd gear. Turns out it's not just my driving as I saw this yesterday

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/ow...si-evo-engine/

Will be ringing the garage tomorrow to log it and hope they find a solution. Might be worth considering before choosing the petrol.

0 0 0

5. Re: 1.5TSI or 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The problem comes down to VAG struggling to get the car to pass the insanely strigenet EU6c emissions standards in the cold running phase when an infernal combustion engine needs more fuel, what we used to know as "choke" int olde days. The programming of the engines computer has to be "generic" in that it can adjust itself to the car it is fitted to as all cars vary slightly and also cope as the car ages and things wear. The EU really does need to back off on this Co2 obsession, it is causing havoc for all manufacturers who sell cars in the EU.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: 1.5TSI or 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks Jibby. It seems strange that this hasn't been resolved when the 1.5 has now been on the market in various models for some time and it does worry me that they therefore won't have fixed it by a June delivery. Just out of interest, once warm, how do you find the engine in such a large car otherwise? I'm mainly motorway driving so the diesel would normall be the engine of choice. But I just have this thing about going petrol this time!

0 0 0

7. Re: 1.5TSI or 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Once warm its a lovely car. Had a 1.9 TDI golf before, not as nippy accelerating, but cruises nicely on the motorway and haven't felt short of power even with a car packed full of baby paraphernalia. Was on for 700 miles from a 66l tank, so economy wasn't too bad.

0 0 0

8. Re: 1.5TSI or 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks. Excellent fuel consumption - suggests 48 mpg which is more than I get from the Golf GTD. I've written to VW GB asking what plans there are to deal with the flat spot before I buy!

0 0 0

9. Re: 1.5TSI or 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Response from VAG UK......

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Customer Services. Thank you for choosing our brand when leasing your new vehicle.

We don’t have any information on an issue with a flat spot in cold running of our vehicles. Each vehicle is treated individually and diagnosed individually. If there is a common issue then customers and the retailer network will be notified of this.

I can’t comment on what has been said by any forums because it has not been published by Volkswagen as the manufacturer.

0 0 0

10. Re: 1.5TSI or 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    In my case (Golf 1.5 TSI EVO 150ps manual) the hesitation / flat spot /' hiccup' in first when taking off happens all the time when the engine is hot or cold. Only by heavy acceleration can you 'drive' round the problem but this is not my general inclination nor possible in stop start traffic. VW have confirmed to me, as has my dealer, that they are aware of the problem and plan to issue a software upgrade. I suspect the balancing act between emissions, performance and fuel economy is very difficult to square with a smooth take up - however they urgently need to do so.
    Perhaps all affected owners should comment on their experiences here so VAG (it affects Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda vehicles with the 150ps 1.5 TSI EVO engine running with manual transmission) can understand the level of dissatisfaction and prioritise this modification?
    Regards

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast