1. 2006 golf 2.0 TDI heater problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all I have had my car for nearly a month but have been fixing various problems it had post sale, all has been going well ( apart me wishing I had child sized hands) apart from the largest of my problems the heater.
    I've done plenty of research but can ever really find anything that directly relates too my problem.

Basically I get no heat from the heater wot so ever it blows cold on all the speeds but nothing resembling warm let alone hot, I have replaced the matrix as that was wot I thought the problem was and sure enough it was full of junk so that now flows but hasn't fixed the problem. I have the 3 dials with seat heaters but no display.

Any and all help would be amazing as I'm trying to avoid pulling the whole dash!

0 0 0

2. Re: 2006 golf 2.0 TDI heater problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Is there hot water in and out of the matrix, or is it air locked?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: 2006 golf 2.0 TDI heater problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Did you back flush the whole cooling system thoroughly?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: 2006 golf 2.0 TDI heater problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't flush the system as the next thing on my list is cam belt and water pump and was going to do it then. It doesn't appear to have a air lock both pipes are now warm wich they wern't when it was blocked.

0 0 0

5. Re: 2006 golf 2.0 TDI heater problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You have probaly blocked the new matrix and they are impossible to flush. We did a matrix on a 201 Golf 7 last week (this is becoming a HUGE MQB platform problem) and we flushed the system thoroughly with the pressure wash, compressed air and the pressure wash again plus fitted a new coolant bottle as the original (five years old) item was filthy. The problem is modern antifreeze (coolant), it is RUBBISH!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: 2006 golf 2.0 TDI heater problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Did you get this fixed in the end, what was the problem if not the matrix?

0 0 0

7. Re: 2006 golf 2.0 TDI heater problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got heater problems too. Have a 57 mk5 1.9tdi, got no blowers at all. Was working then just cut out. Changed the resistor. I know the motors ok because it was working on and off. Is there a relay for this also?

0 0 0