1. Speed Camera Locations in MMI and Virtual Cockpit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    I've started a new thread as the original was pretty long and a lot of the steps are no longer required. Credit to Skippy and Andy for their efforts in getting this working a couple of years back which can be found here Import Speed camera locations new Q7

You will need a PocketGPSWorld subscription, which is £19.99 annually: Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras

Once you have a subscription, you will need to download the latest SpeedCameraToPoi tool from here (v0.9.1 at present): audipoi/Releases/SpeedCameraToPoi at master · mcaddy/audipoi · GitHub

Steps to create the SDCard for import:
    1. Extract the Zip file to a folder
    2. Ensure the SDCard is inserted
    3. Open Windows Explorer and make sure you can see it assigned to a drive letter and delete any existing files
    4. Run "SpeedCameraToPoi.exe"
    5. Enter your PocketGPSWorld account details and ensure Target is set to the drive letter your SDCard is assigned
    6. I used the following Options - assume un-verified cameras are the pMobile (provisional?) ones. Other options are straightforward.
    7. speed1.jpg
    8. Just click on "Get Cameras" and it will go off and create the SDCard!
    9. speed2.jpg
    10. speed3.jpg
    11. speed5.jpg

See next post
    Former Q7 owner

0 3 0

2. Re: Speed Camera Locations in MMI and Virtual Cockpit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    At this point, you may be able to just upload to the car, however as per the original thread, we used to update the Zoomlevel so that the icons were visible on the MMI or Virtual Cockpit when you were zoomed out a bit. I believe the MyAudi way used to set it to 10 which meant icons were only visible when zoomed right in. This tool sets it to 48 and by habit I set it to the maximum Audi can handle which is 30. It may be leaving it at 48 effectively means 30 so this step might not be needed!

If it is, you need to edit the file "categories.pc" as per below in a text editor like notepad.
    speed4.jpg

Once opened in Notepad, select Format - Word Wrap and resize the window so it looks like this:
    speed6.jpg

There will be 5 entries that need to be updated, just need to change 48 to 30 and save the file - or just select Edit - Replace from the menu and find max="48" and replace with max="30"

At this point, you can eject the SDCard and go to the car to upload.

If you're used to the old text and icons and want to change them, you can also do a replace on the new names:

Cameras - Fixed
    Cameras - Redlight
    Cameras - Specs
    Cameras - Mobile
    Cameras - pMobile

to the ones we used previously (as per Andy!):

Fixed Gatso Camera!!
    Traffic Light Camera!!
    SPECS Average Speed Camera!!
    Mobile Camera Location!!
    (P) Mobile Camera Location!!

You can also change the icons by replacing these with other 33x33 png files:
    speed7.jpg

Next post for uploading to car
    Former Q7 owner

0 3 0

3. Re: Speed Camera Locations in MMI and Virtual Cockpit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Insert SDCard into MMI slot in the glove box
    IMG_9019.jpg

Go to Settings in the MMI and click the left button on the touch pad to get this menu
    IMG_9021.jpg

The select "System Update" - you may need to wait a few minutes if you've just turned on the ignition. Then select SD Card 1:
    IMG_9023.jpg

Then select "Start update" and press down on the control knob twice to get the progress screen. Once finished you should get a confirmation screen and you can remove the SDCard
    IMG_9026.jpg

Next post for configuring the MMI, Virtual Cockpit and audible alerts
    Former Q7 owner

0 3 0

4. Re: Speed Camera Locations in MMI and Virtual Cockpit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Go into the Navigation and click the right button on the touch pad to get this menu and choose "Map Settings"
    IMG_9027.jpg

There are two areas to update here:
    1) MMI map content (what Speed Camera icons are displayed on the MMI screen)
    2) Instrument cluster map content (what is displayed on the instrument cluster screen / Virtual Cockpit)
    IMG_9028.jpg

Select myAudi special destinations
    IMG_9029.jpg

Choose the Icons you want to be displayed on the MMI screen (repeat for the instrument cluster)
    IMG_9030.jpg

To get a notification as you approach a camera (a ding!?), you need to do the following. Go to Navigation Settings
    IMG_9031.jpg

Select Arrival notification
    IMG_9032.jpg

Select myAudi special destinations
    IMG_9033.jpg

Then choose which cameras you want to get the audible alert for. pMobile is the unverified cameras so I leave the icon on the screen but deselect the ping!
    IMG_9034.jpg

All done! It's not perfect but for £19.99 a year it's pretty good and you can always disable the audible alerts if you find it annoying.

Here's what is looks like:
    IMG_9016.jpg
    Former Q7 owner

0 3 0

5. Re: Speed Camera Locations in MMI and Virtual Cockpit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Great work mate and thanks for bringing it upto date and sharing the info. I personally haven't updated mine in ages so this gives me a good excuse to do it.

Much appreciated.

Andy.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 1 0

6. Re: Speed Camera Locations in MMI and Virtual Cockpit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    No problem, I was glad to be able to update using the existing pocketgpsworld subscription I’d just renewed before Audi updated the website. Their database seems to be much better than a lot of the the alternatives I could find.

On your other point. I didn’t try resizing the icons as the old ones were also 33 by 33 pixels. I thought this might be a standard size.

Initially I thought they looked a bit small as they include text which makes it look smaller. Over the past few days I’ve got used to it and okay with them now.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

7. Re: Speed Camera Locations in MMI and Virtual Cockpit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Just to add to this, I tripped across this site http://www.speedcamupdates.com/
    Downloaded and updated the POI and set to ping as per the instructions.
    For Ireland it looks 95% accurate, but not every point a mobile camera can be located is present.

As a tip, if you start the purchase transaction, and fail to complete for some reason, they will send you a mail offering a discount. Thus my European POI data set cost a miserly €11

I am points-free ( tempting fate..) and stupidly law abiding, but the reassuring ping is a good reminder, well worth having

0 0 0

8. Re: Speed Camera Locations in MMI and Virtual Cockpit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPlus View Post
    Just to add to this, I tripped across this site http://www.speedcamupdates.com/
    Downloaded and updated the POI and set to ping as per the instructions.
    For Ireland it looks 95% accurate, but not every point a mobile camera can be located is present.

As a tip, if you start the purchase transaction, and fail to complete for some reason, they will send you a mail offering a discount. Thus my European POI data set cost a miserly €11

I am points-free ( tempting fate..) and stupidly law abiding, but the reassuring ping is a good reminder, well worth having
    I was all set to try that site, but just checked trustpilot before and it had shocking reviews. Glad to hear your experience is good!

Be interesting to know how they compare. PocketGPSWorld (as you can see above) had 18,600 POI’s for the UK. The £20 subscription covers access to their global database too although I’ve personally only tried UK cameras.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

9. Re: Speed Camera Locations in MMI and Virtual Cockpit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi, just for my general knowledge, what is the Nav system for our Q7's? From this list of compatibility and installations page of 'PocketGPSworld'?

Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras - Speed Camera Download

Thank you in advance.

0 0 0

10. Re: Speed Camera Locations in MMI and Virtual Cockpit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    This was what you selected when doing it the old way via Audi’s website. Now you just use the options as shown in the first screenshot in this thread.

Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast