Quote Originally Posted by Jonatanso View Post
Just a little update,
I am STUPID!!

I took the injectors out again, and put them in a testing bench. I testes all the injectors and the result was as following
1- opens at 175 bar, good spread. "cuts" the flow nicely and makes the right sound
2- opens at 180 bar, good spread. "cuts" the flow nicely and makes the right sound
3- opens at 185 bar, good spread. "cuts" the flow nicely and makes the right sound
4- opens at 180 bar, good spread. "cuts" the flow nicely and makes the right sound
The injector is supposed to open at 190, so with the lowest being 175 i would say this is acceptable for my beater car.
Now, to the fun part....
an old retired engineer came to me and told me i should clean the tips with sandpaper and found some 180 grit for me, i was really skeptical and he noticed that. i did not use the sandpaper but he came to me a little later with a file cleaner that looks like a regular wirebrush and told me to use this, i tried carefully and it did not make any scratches or marks and was really good at removing the dirt and carbon, i cleaned all the injectors with this and tested them before putting back in the car, testing result was same as above.

The car started right away and ran perfect, almost too good to be true.... and one thing i realized while driving is that it was a little slow and weak. The worst was driving up the underwater tunnel with a steep climb, i usually driver at 80 km/h in 4th gear no problem, now the car had no power at all, speed kept reducing untill i was forced down to 2nd gear going at 40.....

most likely what has happened is that i deformed the holes on the nozzle with the file cleaner, so what i did to "fix" this was to polish the nozzles with 1200 grid sandaper, i took my time and ensured that i was doing it at the correct angle etc.... and put the injectors back in. now the engine is running like before, oil level is also stable.

I really want to buy new nozzles, but i cannot find any nozzles for my 1.7 SDI with a reasonable price, would anyone be able to help me here? anything over 50£ per nozzle i consider as too expensive and would rather just drive the car untill its scrap.
aving cleaned ur nozzles has this now stopped the oil level rising and stopped the smoke in tickover id be very interested to hear about this as i am having same problems tia
h