2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow1 View Post
    With Tec pack?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    No absolutely stock specification. Having moved from the C7 with the standard RMC MMI System, the standard spec on the C8 is big step up and to be honest other than being able to have both my personal and work mobiles connected at the same time I would put the rest of the Tech Pack option in the "nice to have but not essential" category and certainly not Ł1500 worth

0 0 0

6. Re: Coming to join the c8 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    i think u r right.

0 0 0

7. Re: Coming to join the c8 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    No absolutely stock specification. Having moved from the C7 with the standard RMC MMI System, the standard spec on the C8 is big step up and to be honest other than being able to have both my personal and work mobiles connected at the same time I would put the rest of the Tech Pack option in the "nice to have but not essential" category and certainly not Ł1500 worth

My deal required me to take a car in stock, and they all had Tech Packs. I was happy with that mainly for the virtual cockpit which is rather marvellous. The wireless charging comes in handy as well.

0 0 0

8. Re: Coming to join the c8 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Having moved from the C7 with the standard RMC MMI System, the standard spec on the C8 is big step up
    I do not want to be disrespectful, but if I understand it well, then the formerly mentioned big step up means that this time something became the part of the basic setup, that was a part of the option list earlier?
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

9. Re: Coming to join the c8 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    I do not want to be disrespectful, but if I understand it well, then the formerly mentioned big step up means that this time something became the part of the basic setup, that was a part of the option list earlier?
    Not just that something that was optional is now standard, but it is also how it works and is integrated in the car. The MMI system in the C7 was basically the one launched with the C6. The equivalent system in the C8, in my opinion, works better than the optional 3G+ system from the C7 (based on times I have driven in cars with it fitted). I realise from your posts that you are not a fan of touchscreens in cars, however for now they are becoming the norm. It is very early days for me but so far I think the whole user interface in the C8 just seems to work better and in a more integrated way than the equivalent in the C7 so I am viewing the touchscreen as a positive move. Time will tell if I change my mind. Additionally I would say the ride, steering and handling in the C8 are better than the C7 but then again one is brand new and the other was 3.5 years old.

All in all I am not regretting my decision to switch, despite the increase in monthly payments due to the higher price of the C8 (offset of course by the higher spec) and I suspect most others who make the same move will be similarly pleased with theri decision.

0 1 0

10. Re: Coming to join the c8 forum 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Not just that something that was optional is now standard, but it is also how it works and is integrated in the car. The MMI system in the C7 was basically the one launched with the C6. The equivalent system in the C8, in my opinion, works better than the optional 3G+ system from the C7 (based on times I have driven in cars with it fitted). I realise from your posts that you are not a fan of touchscreens in cars, however for now they are becoming the norm. It is very early days for me but so far I think the whole user interface in the C8 just seems to work better and in a more integrated way than the equivalent in the C7 so I am viewing the touchscreen as a positive move. Time will tell if I change my mind. Additionally I would say the ride, steering and handling in the C8 are better than the C7 but then again one is brand new and the other was 3.5 years old.

All in all I am not regretting my decision to switch, despite the increase in monthly payments due to the higher price of the C8 (offset of course by the higher spec) and I suspect most others who make the same move will be similarly pleased with theri decision.
    Agree with all of that. I had the black edition C7, now have the S-Line C8. Only thing i do slightly miss is the full leather seats. Everything else is much better, the MMI is light years ahead.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast