1. mk3 cab head gone .. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok ive done many head on many cars . just checking before i strip it down any pointers to look out for on a 94 mk3 cab 2,0..are there better gasket set ..theres only a small amount of majo on the oil cap but it came back after a 5 min drive , as mentioned before all that seem it make this happen was swapped over the coil pack and air filter car then ran really bad . and the next thing i know majo in cap. also has anyone else had errors on swapping over coil pack..car was running ok ish some flat spots on cold days and when starting up..so i guess the head was on its way out over a course of some time . in fareness it had been lacking grunt for some time..

0 0 0

2. Re: mk3 cab head gone .. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Mayo isn't always a sign of a head gasket failure. Take the car for a 30mile run and chance are the mayo will have gone. Main cause of mayo is condensation due to the engine not being up to full operating temperature. I remember Crasher saying something about cheap coilpacks give bad results.
    Could you have pulled off a vacuum hose when changing filter? Are all the connections correct? Do you have the right coilpack on? Have you tried refitting old coil pack, why was it changed?
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

3. Re: mk3 cab head gone .. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yup i agree its not aways head . sadly i couldnt get away with a 1 mile drive even.. i have replaced old one straight away. same .. thats when i then replaced plugs and leads.. i then swapped the coil pack for another one from shop..same.. sadly old one has no print at all on it . and i know the 1994 cab is a tricky one with dates body one mk engine another mk . but i them why would the old one not work when placed back on.. could be dirty injectors fuel was very low.. i have put cleaner in and driven it a bit ...

0 0 0

4. Re: mk3 cab head gone .. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Seal for Brake Servo could be my next check .. well to start with i think im just going to remove all air induction parts..

0 0 0

5. Re: mk3 cab head gone .. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If it isn’t using water there is nothing wrong with the gasket. Mayo can form inside the cam cover on a 2E very easily as it is ally and the cap plastic so you get water vapour with mixes with oil vapour and condenses as emulsified oil. IF you do replace the head Beasley you can upgrade from the 2E composite gasket to the later ADY/AGG engine metal gasket BUT you must use the ADY/AGG head bolts and some kits get this wrong.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: mk3 cab head gone .. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Crasher for the reply..right i managed to get it to run a bit better temp was fine mayo gone , water was low but this hasnt been topped up for ages,mayo has gone.... still rev limited to just above 3500.. hates 1,2, gears too many revs. on checking and removing and replacing all air piping for air leaks.. i sprayed some injector cleaner on the MAF sensor did i read this can cause damage.

0 0 0

7. Re: mk3 cab head gone .. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    This is a 2E engine and not a very early ADY isn’t It?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: mk3 cab head gone .. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

9. Re: mk3 cab head gone .. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Why did you say it is a 94 model when it is a 2002 built 07-05-01? It has an AWG engine.....

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: mk3 cab head gone .. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    opps so i did thats our other car .