1. Audi Connect Data Sim card not connecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi, I've bought a 2015 (15-reg) Audi A7 and have been struggling to get the Audi Connect working.

The sim card in the slot seems to be recognised as it appears on the bottom-right of the display with the signal, although it is crossed out.

Initially I was told by Audi that the 3 PAYG sim card that I purchased was not compatible, as it needs to be a data only sim card. So I've bought a 24Gb 3 data only sim card, and this doesn't seem to be working either.

Both sim cards have the same issue with the network symbol on the bottom-right, but there's a cross on it. I've attached a image of the display.

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong? The previous owner had a o2 sim card connected to the car for 3 years.
    Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Connect Data Sim card not connecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    I use that exact same card in my A7 and it's fine. I didn't have to activate the sim or anything like that, just popped it in and it worked. All I can suggest is going through all the network type settings you can find, see if something has been changed. Sorry I can't help more, but I've never come across that problem before.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 1 0

3. Re: Audi Connect Data Sim card not connecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amz View Post
    Hi, I've bought a 2015 (15-reg) Audi A7 and have been struggling to get the Audi Connect working.

The sim card in the slot seems to be recognised as it appears on the bottom-right of the display with the signal, although it is crossed out.

Initially I was told by Audi that the 3 PAYG sim card that I purchased was not compatible, as it needs to be a data only sim card. So I've bought a 24Gb 3 data only sim card, and this doesn't seem to be working either.

Both sim cards have the same issue with the network symbol on the bottom-right, but there's a cross on it. I've attached a image of the display.

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong? The previous owner had a o2 sim card connected to the car for 3 years.
    I use a 3 data sim, pre loaded with 24gb works fine. I had to register the sim on the 3 website l, that was it.

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Connect Data Sim card not connecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Honestly I never seen that icon on my car.

I can only think, that probably you missed to enable the data connection as it was disabled earlier by the former owner. To check this please enter the MMI/Telephone menu -> Settings -> Data connection. Check the settings, probably these options were disabled there. It's also possible, that you have to enter the SIM Pin code there.

If you ever set the PIN code for the SIM card, then you can be sure that these services were disabled somewhere in the menu. If you share us a picture from your Data connection settings (if the above method doesn't work), than maybe we can help you out with an easy solution.

Just another thing: by your information it's not clear for me, is your car an FL, or a non-FL version. If it's a non-FL version, than probably your MMI version is old, and you need to upgrade it to the latest version first. For the very first versions, you need several settings which you can find in the tips&tricks section to enable the complete online services for your car.

I hope these tips can help you
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Connect Data Sim card not connecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thank you for the responses pxr5, Bishop187, and AT.

I didn't think that the sim card needs to be activated, as it is preloaded with the data and ready to go. I've registered it with Three, but still doesn't seem to be working on the Audi Connect.

I had spoken to Audi Customer Services UK about this earlier in the month, and they had said that it needed to be a Data Only sim card, which this is (the previous one was a PAYG 3 sim card with 200Mb free per month, with phone calls and text messages).

The Data Connection Module is enabled. I've turned it off and re-enabled it, just to try whether the "turn off and turn on" approach works, but this doesn't seem to have solved it.

I've gone into the Three website and checked the APN settings too, and says that there's no need to enter a username or password for this. There is no PIN on the sim card.

I'm not sure what you mean whether or not it's a FL or non-FL version. It's a 2015 (65-reg) Audi A7 3.0 Quattro TDI 272bhp, if that helps.

I purchased it from a independent dealer in Bury/Manchester, and my local Audi in Birmingham aren't very helpful but referring me onto the place that I bought it from. Audi Customer Care are brilliant, but there's only so much that they can do over the phone. I think I'll just need to take it back to the local Audi and insist that someone sorts it out for me and shows me what the issue is.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Connect Data Sim card not connecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Thank you for the responses pxr5, Bishop187, and AT.

I didn't think that the sim card needs to be activated, as it is preloaded with the data and ready to go. I've registered it with Three, but still doesn't seem to be working on the Audi Connect.

I had spoken to Audi Customer Services UK about this earlier in the month, and they had said that it needed to be a Data Only sim card, which this is (the previous one was a PAYG 3 sim card with 200Mb free per month, with phone calls and text messages).

The Data Connection Module is enabled. I've turned it off and re-enabled it, just to try whether the "turn off and turn on" approach works, but this doesn't seem to have solved it.

I've gone into the Three website and checked the APN settings too, and says that there's no need to enter a username or password for this. There is no PIN on the sim card.

I'm not sure what you mean whether or not it's a FL or non-FL version. It's a 2015 (65-reg) Audi A7 3.0 Quattro TDI 272bhp, if that helps.

I purchased it from a independent dealer in Bury/Manchester, and my local Audi in Birmingham aren't very helpful but referring me onto the place that I bought it from. Audi Customer Care are brilliant, but there's only so much that they can do over the phone. I think I'll just need to take it back to the local Audi and insist that someone sorts it out for me and shows me what the issue is.
    Ok u got a FL (facefit) model. My local Audi dealer is useless too
    What sim do you have in ur phone, have you tired using that one? I used my EE sim from my iPhone just to try it out and that worked fine too. Sorry not much help really.
    Good luck

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Connect Data Sim card not connecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    They are for sure wrong with this answer. The reason is simple, the C7 has a complete internal mobile system, so if you have a telephone/data card, then you can use the telephone modul as an independent mobile phone with data connection. What I mentioned earlier was, that the non-FL models were not able to separate the Bluetooth module IF you had a telephone+data SIM card installed. In this case you had to choose whether you wanted to use the Bluetooth of your mobile phonw WITH the data connection of the mobile phone, or the internal SIM card as a mobile phone. This was solved a long time ago with an MMI upgrade, from then the above answer is more then ridiculous, and for sure a completly wrong answer. As you have the FL model, you have this MMI version for sure.

What happens if you try to open the Audi Connect service? What message appears on the DIS?

And just another thing: IF you remove the SIM card, will the slashed signal icon change to [SIM]? If YES, then the car recognise the SIM card, if not, there is something wrong.

I think I'll just need to take it back to the local Audi and insist that someone sorts it out for me and shows me what the issue is.
    Probably it will be the easiest solution, but maybe it worth to ask a fellow member to scan your car with a VCDS. Maybe there will be an error message somewhere which bans the car to use the SIM card, and can be cleaned with the VCDS for free.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Connect Data Sim card not connecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I took the A7 into the Audi dealership and they checked it over fully. The MMI module is working fine and all the settings are correctly configured too. They checked the licence and it’s valid too.

The only thing they suggested is to try another network SIM card as it may be that the 3 network is not compatible. I explained that there’s loads of people who use the 3 SIM card but they weren’t sure why it wouldn’t be working.

I’ve left a open ticket with the Audi Connect Customer Care team too, who have escalated the issue to there Technical department but I doubt they can do much remotely. The Audi garage hooked it up in the workshop and they couldn’t find any faults.

I’ll need to purchase a EE or o2 sim data only package now. The 3 package of 24GB for 24 months at £45 was superb - just £2 per month with 1GB allowance (on average).

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Connect Data Sim card not connecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    The only thing they suggested is to try another network SIM card
    Interesting opinon, I suggest you to find a fellow C7/FL owner, and check these SIM cards first in his car, and his SIM card in your car.

I thinked about this strange slashed icon, and it's possible that the car module's IMEI was banned from the mobile network for some reason, and therefore you see the slashed icon on the display. I think, you could call the telepone operator, and you could ask for a technical help why you can't connect. Probably the reason relies to a mobile company (for example for an earlier non-payment) and not for your car or Audi. Maybe the network selector was set to a mobile operator, which denies all the rest of the SIM cards. IMHO a member with a VCDS and a working SIM card could help you out from this trouble

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Connect Data Sim card not connecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    I'm convinced this is a setting problem. When i got my car I fiddled with the settings (as we all do). I'm sure at some point you can see what sim card is installed under one of the options. Around that area of settings there were various options for the SIM. Have you looked at the settings for the data connection, I think you go to Audi Connect, settings, data connection. I'm not with my car just now, but there is an option for the connection to with request. It should be set to without request. Around there are other data settings to check to do with username, password that the previous owner may have entered.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast