Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    Interesting opinon, I suggest you to find a fellow C7/FL owner, and check these SIM cards first in his car, and his SIM card in your car.

I thinked about this strange slashed icon, and it's possible that the car module's IMEI was banned from the mobile network for some reason, and therefore you see the slashed icon on the display. I think, you could call the telepone operator, and you could ask for a technical help why you can't connect. Probably the reason relies to a mobile company (for example for an earlier non-payment) and not for your car or Audi. Maybe the network selector was set to a mobile operator, which denies all the rest of the SIM cards. IMHO a member with a VCDS and a working SIM card could help you out from this trouble
    I've taken the IMEI and checked it online, and it's come back as "BLACKLISTED". This is very disappointing, and worrying, as I've purchased the car from a independent garage and it has just been into Audi main dealership today, who done a thorough check on it. I doubt they checked the IMEI, but I'll call the Audi Customer Care team tomorrow, and explain this about the IMEI and ask them to investigate this asap.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Connect Data Sim card not connecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    IMG_3941.jpg
    There is a message "Forbidden network" which appears - seems like a issue with the IMEI / SIM card. I've just tried to phone the 3 network, but their technical team has closed at 8pm.

I shall phone Audi Customer Care UK team first and then will also phone 3 network again.

Thank you for all the help so far, really appreciate it!

0 1 0

3. Re: Audi Connect Data Sim card not connecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Here's an update on the issue....

I phoned 3 and they confirmed that the IMEI of the device is blacklisted, and to contact the o2 network who had put the block. o2 said that only the previous owner can unblock it, as the block was requested by the previous owner.

I contacted the independent dealer that I bought the car from, and they said that they don't have any details of the previous owner (no apology or offer to help). Audi couldn't provide me with details due to Data Protection, and couldn't contact the previous owner on my behalf either, but referred me to the V5 log book or Audi Customer Care Team in Germany.

Fortunately, I done some investigative search online for the previous owner (a Director) and obtained his email address. Bravely, I emailed him explaining the situation and the kind gentleman responded back the following morning offering to phone o2. Basically, the previous owner had left his o2 sim card in the car when he traded it in, so phoned o2 for a replacement data sim card. In the process, o2 decided to block the IMEI device too, as they deemed it lost. It's so silly that o2 weren't able to unblock a car IMEI device and couldn't see common sense.

The previous owners' request was processed by o2 and the device was unblocked within 48 hours. I've put in the 3 data only sim card, and the symbol on the bottom-right has now changed, and the unit is working perfectly, as it should.

Audi haven't come across this problem before, but hope that this helps anyone else on here incase they experience this.

Many thanks for all for helping me out. Now I'll be testing out all the features of the Audi Connect service.

0 4 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12