Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    I recently changed my DMF on my golf 2008 1.9 tdi mk5 and was fine for about a week or so.
    But recently following a longish drive , when I tried to start it hot, it rattled and shuddered violently into life which scared me.
    The thing is it starts fine cold, so I was told change the battery which I did but no change on hot start.
    VW main dealer quoted me 250 Eur for a new starter motor which is very expensive part number is JZW911023GX.
    Where could I get a starter online and will replacing starter fix this issue.

Tks

0 0 0

2. Re: Hot Start VW Golf 1.9 TDI 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The JZW shows it is actaually the ECO version, the normal 02Z is £270.29. The one on your car could be a Bosch 02Z 911 023 F or a Valeo 02Z 911 023 H which is listed as a Bosch 0 986 020 250 exchnage unit ALTHOUGH it worries me that it lists this as being 1.7Kw when the VW info says it is 2Kw.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

3. Re: Hot Start VW Golf 1.9 TDI 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher,
    Thanks for reply,
    A bit confused now ,should I get main dealer part number JZW911023GX, or would you recommend something else, as far as i know it needs 11 teeth and 2kw power.
    The engine really shakes very bad when i try and start it hot.

0 0 0

4. Re: Hot Start VW Golf 1.9 TDI 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If I was doing it I would put a little more time into checking the aftermarket Bosch availability, quite often I have to try quite hard to get the correct unit out of my suppliers but it is worth the effort ALTHOUGH I have all the trade info at my finger tips which you don’t. If the dealer has targeted that unit at your car (I can check it if you private message me your reg) then I would go for the genuine ECO version if the customer gave me the budjet or the Bosch if I could get the correct unit. Your symptom COULD be a bad starter but it is not a common symptom and personally I would do a little more diagnostic work first.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

5. Re: Hot Start VW Golf 1.9 TDI 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry Crasher can't pm you as i have to post 15 times first I think.
    Reg is CP08 NPA 1.9 tdi vw golf match 105 bhp 2008
    Thanks for help, worried it might be that the incorrect Flywheel may have been installed but mechanic said he has done hundreds of them without a problem.
    He did mention it could be a heat seak problem with the starter getting too hot from exhaust when it heats up.
    Might try to put some tin foil around starter to try a keep it cooler maybe, worth a shot before I buy a new starter.

0 0 0

6. Re: Hot Start VW Golf 1.9 TDI 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If you can, get me the flywheel part number he used. Your PM came through, I think it is because I am a moderator.

Yes your car was built with 02Z 911 023 F and the genuine replacement for this puts a X at the end or JZW 911 023 GX for the “ECO” version. These are listed as 2Kw but the Bosch cross reference is 1.7Kw which is not correct. What does the old unit say on its data plaque? At this point, if I was busy I would go ECO unless I could find out what was wrong with the cross reference, it is not the first time I have seen this, working out the correct Bosch part number for a late Golf 2 16v 1.1Kw starter (originally 0.9Kw) was hard work. We need these as the original could not crank over a hot 2L conversion so if you stalled, it was embarrassing...... I cannot log into my trade look up system from home as the password changed and I have not had time to note it and bring it home.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

7. Re: Hot Start VW Golf 1.9 TDI 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok Ill see can I see old plate on starter and get back to you, I want to put in best starter for car as I'm keeping car.
    I came across this starter, would this work ?VALEO - Ref: 438175

€186.90
    223.90€

Rated Power [kW] 2
    Number of Teeth 11
    Engine Code BJB,BKC,BLS,BXE
    Rotation Direction Anti-clockwise rotation
    Transmission Type FWZ,GQM,GQQ,GYQ,HJT
    Transmission Type HJX,HQH,HQN,HXU,JCR
    Transmission Type JPL,JYJ,KCW,KHM

See more details
    Add to basket
    Shipped thursday
    In stock

0 0 0

8. Re: Hot Start VW Golf 1.9 TDI 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I am not keen on Valeo, over the years we have seen many more suffer slow cranking issues than Bosch. If you bought a genuine replacement you had to buy what you were getting back but I can’t see Valeo was ever listed on yours. If you buy the ECO versions they don’t mind what you hand back but it could be Bosch or Valeo in the box, you have to accept what you are given. I always push for a genuine Bosch recon of a Bosch unit.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

9. Re: Hot Start VW Golf 1.9 TDI 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher,
    I went back to dealer and they told me the genuine part for my car is 02Z 911 023 FX Bosch 2KW
    And they Economy one is JZW 911 023 GX
    Could you point me the right direction to buy a Bosch starter online please or pm
    Tks

0 0 0

10. Re: Hot Start VW Golf 1.9 TDI 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes, 02Z 911 023 FX is the eXchange part number for the original. The trade parts look up system Tec-Doc cross references the part number 02Z 911 023 FX to the Bosch exchnage part number 0 986 020 250 but this is clearly identified as a 1.7Kw, so who is right, Bosch or VW? One way to find out would be to see what is fitted in your car. On Tec-Doc there are 84 cross references from 02Z 911 023 FX where 36 list it as 1.7Kw, 1 as 1.8Kw and 41 as 2Kw with the remaining 6 not showing a figure...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0