Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    I have just changed the ccm control module ( which was flooded) and know have interior lights, reg plate lights etc. Happy days except for the long variety drying process. I a the problem when using the key fob. I have to be literally standing next to the car with the remote at the glass! Can anybody enlighten me on the location of the receiver aerial or whatever enables the key fob to work at a distance.
    I also have an engine temp problem either thermostat related or more lightly the viscous coupling according to my local friendly garage. I think the alternator clutch has gone too. I have scoured the sales and sourced cheaply both tensioners, belts, viscous coupling and alternator clutch. I also have the coolant etc.
    I know the garage will drop the bumper etc into service mode so I thought I might as well get all the parts done together. They are very reasonable and it seems stupid not you do the lot.
    Would you recommend I get the timing belt done while the front of the car is down? The kit is only around a 100 quid.
    It allegedly had it done at 80k and outs on 112000.
    Cheers
    Terry

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Cam belt change and key fob aerial 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The antenna is just a wire in the harness so the terminal is probably rotten.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Cam belt change and key fob aerial 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Is that the cabling from the ccm module? There is a large loom and some of the cabling seems a bit worse for wear. Any ideas which wires it would be? I've tried to find a wiring diagram but to no avail

0 0 0

4. Re: Cam belt change and key fob aerial 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I cleaned the two plugs that enter the ccm with electrical cleaner. I'm guessing you mean externally of the ccm as the ccm is a replacement

0 0 0