1. Re: A6 stop start fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Had a call from audi end of last week, saying the people in Germany weren't sure what was causing the issue, so asked the person to check all the work he had done on it previously to make sure it had been done correctly.
    They've now done and rung again today saying it's now fixed. When they had it in with the previous owner for the same issue they replaced a module (didn't say which one), which had to be coded. Apparently the coding didn't take and they didn't realise, and said the car was fixed. We've now brought it and getting the same error, so they have wiped the module and recoded it, which has apparently now fixed the problem.
    They have also done something to the egr valve.

0 2 0

2. Re: A6 stop start fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Irrelevant post by me. Sorry!
    Last edited by wildbore; 01-02-2019 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Failed to get to the end of the thread!

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 stop start fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Have a A4 ultra, 2 yo with 13k and I'm new to stop/start. We live on an island and mostly do short journeys. The stop/start system is just a pain in the ****, if we forget to switch it off. Reverse out the driveway, go to move forward and it cuts out. Sit there like an idiot trying to get the bloody thing restarted. Erratice response, haven't quite worked out what procedure to use for best. I understand from googling the problem its possibly because the battery level is low. If we were in a heavy trafficked area it would be downright dangerous. Whoever came up with the idea needs there backside kicked. Honestly wouldnt have bought the car if we thought it came with such an irritating issue. Anyone else similarly confused by it?

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 stop start fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by david macdonald View Post
    Have a A4 ultra, 2 yo with 13k and I'm new to stop/start. We live on an island and mostly do short journeys. The stop/start system is just a pain in the ****, if we forget to switch it off. Reverse out the driveway, go to move forward and it cuts out. Sit there like an idiot trying to get the bloody thing restarted. Erratice response, haven't quite worked out what procedure to use for best. I understand from googling the problem its possibly because the battery level is low. If we were in a heavy trafficked area it would be downright dangerous. Whoever came up with the idea needs there backside kicked. Honestly wouldnt have bought the car if we thought it came with such an irritating issue. Anyone else similarly confused by it?
    Get yourself a carrista and just turn it off completely problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 stop start fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    The very best thing in the start/stop system is, that you can disable it temporary, or permanently. To disable it temporaray, press the slashed (A) button, to disable it permanently, you have to find a fellow member in your area, who has a VCDS or something similar unit, which can disable this "so called feature" forever.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 stop start fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I have mentioned this before, I think; on the A6 C7, both Stop/Start and also the Auto Hold functions are controlled by modulating pressure on the brake pedal, although the A4 might be different (check the handbook). On the A6, you can activate either function - or not - simply by how you use the brake pedal. In this way, I only activate Stop/start and Auto-Hold when I want then and never when I don't. Controlling them quickly became instinctive and I don't even think about it nowadays.

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 stop start fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiman35 View Post
    Had a call from audi end of last week, saying the people in Germany weren't sure what was causing the issue, so asked the person to check all the work he had done on it previously to make sure it had been done correctly.
    They've now done and rung again today saying it's now fixed. When they had it in with the previous owner for the same issue they replaced a module (didn't say which one), which had to be coded. Apparently the coding didn't take and they didn't realise, and said the car was fixed. We've now brought it and getting the same error, so they have wiped the module and recoded it, which has apparently now fixed the problem.
    They have also done something to the egr valve.
    Hi,

Just reading through this and I'm having the same issue with my car, 2015 (65 plate) S6. Around 53K on the clock and owned it for a year, so no real knowledge of whether it's the original battery or not. Recently went in for a service at Audi and as part of the service they did a software update. I asked what it was and was told nothing I'd notice on the front end. A couple of weeks ago I got the Start/Stop System Fault notification on the dis when starting up. The engine cuts out and I have to start manually a couple of times before it starts properly. No warning lights and it runs fine afterwards.

It now happens in roughly 1 in every 4 starts. On this (and other threads) there have been a few mentions of the battery failing. Obviously just been through lockdown where the car wasn't used a huge amount - I only do around 6K miles a year but generally longer journeys over shorter ones. Just wondering if you ever charged it? and if so, any difference?

Thanks

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 stop start fault. 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    That's what mine said when the battery was low after sitting at the start of lockdown. It didn't move for basically 4 weeks and gave that exact error message on starting.
    The car needs to "re-learn" the battery state (best way I can describe it) and it also needs regen charging to happen for a fair amount of time in order to get it back to normal.
    I took mine on a run, but it didn't sort it.
    Took it out again, got up to speed, dabbed the brake pedal to start the regen charging from recuperated energy and let it run from 70 down to 20, did that a few times, and it's been absolutely fine since.

Always go with the simplest option first, the electrickery gets all upset if something as simple as a low battery gets in the way

D.

0 1 0

9. Re: A6 stop start fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks , that's good to know. I've got a 160 mile round trip this week so will give a go then. I've also got a 200 mile (each way) trip to Devon early next month and just a little anxious this isn't going to give me issues with a car full of family and luggage!! Any value in hooking it up to a charger in the meantime (trickle or otherwise) and let it recharge that way?

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 stop start fault. 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey79 View Post
    Thanks , that's good to know. I've got a 160 mile round trip this week so will give a go then. I've also got a 200 mile (each way) trip to Devon early next month and just a little anxious this isn't going to give me issues with a car full of family and luggage!! Any value in hooking it up to a charger in the meantime (trickle or otherwise) and let it recharge that way?
    I've got no idea in that respect, but all I can tell you is after a good few long "run downs" not in coasting mode with the regen going, the problem has stopped. I gave it a couple of weeks not being used again, and the problem was back, and has gone away again now I've repeated the same and the car is getting a bit more use....

A friend with an A6 has similar results to report too....

D.

0 0 0

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast