Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Everyone,

First time post on any forum!! Long time lurker, I have learnt many things and saved lots of time and money from this site especially so I appreciate you all!!

Right enough brown nosing, I have an Audi A6 C6 3.0 TDI V6 BMK engine. Manifold flap delete, EGR delete, straight pipe, custom intercooler and piping, hybrid turbo blah blah blah, it made 300hp on the dyno and was my daily / true love. It is now sat on my drive with no tax, insurance or MOT because I refuse to pay some numpty to go though all sorts throwing money down the drain. That is not offensive to mechanics I just don't know a good one, I know lots of bad ones.

One day my friend borrowed it and it died on him, up at his house I painlessly found that the HPFP drive belt had snapped, bought a new one, put it on, ran like a dream......for 2 days, it then went into limp mode on me (this is not unusual, it has a very intermittent turbo actuator fault, turn it off and back on and its fine for weeks/months. However this time it did not turn back on. I got towed home and when scanned it was pulling up a low fuel pressure problem. My friend at the time had a V6 TDI so I just swapped fuel pressure regulator, logged pressure and nothing, I feared when it happened it was HPFP and all tests were pointing towards that.

I bought a reconditioned pump, checked all my fuel lines cleaned everything out, no signs of swarf or anything nasty anywhere. Fitted the pump and re plumbed up and it started perfectly!! Success!! Or not..... The car was running sweet, I left it running to get warm and went in the house for a brew. When I came back out I noticed that the revs were up and down, like it was misfiring. I turned it off and did a scan, nothing!

When you take it off Idle its fine, it seems to drive fine, makes good power, it did seem to smoke (white) but i could only take it for a short drive as it ran out of MOT while it was broken. It will fire up straight away and run absolutely perfect UNTIL IT REACHES 65 / 70 degrees! Then the 'misfire' comes back. I don't even like calling is a misfire because I am not sure that it is, its not like something I have experienced before.

From what I have read I didn't think that the pump was timed, even though its a 'timing belt', I just replaced the belt with no problem so I did the same with the pump. I know you have to code calibration for injectors as I put 6 new ones on when I bought it (dreaded white smoke). Do you have to tell the car its got a new pump on?

I am very sad about it and in reality the car is not worth that much money so I am reluctant to spend money on it (more than I already have) but I love the car. I do all my own work and never found anything I cant fix till now!!

Anybody heard of anything like this? Or got any clue whats up with it?

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 C6 3.0 TDI V6 'Misfire' after fuel pump replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDaniel View Post
    Hi Everyone,

First time post on any forum!! Long time lurker, I have learnt many things and saved lots of time and money from this site especially so I appreciate you all!!

Right enough brown nosing, I have an Audi A6 C6 3.0 TDI V6 BMK engine. Manifold flap delete, EGR delete, straight pipe, custom intercooler and piping, hybrid turbo blah blah blah, it made 300hp on the dyno and was my daily / true love. It is now sat on my drive with no tax, insurance or MOT because I refuse to pay some numpty to go though all sorts throwing money down the drain. That is not offensive to mechanics I just don't know a good one, I know lots of bad ones.

One day my friend borrowed it and it died on him, up at his house I painlessly found that the HPFP drive belt had snapped, bought a new one, put it on, ran like a dream......for 2 days, it then went into limp mode on me (this is not unusual, it has a very intermittent turbo actuator fault, turn it off and back on and its fine for weeks/months. However this time it did not turn back on. I got towed home and when scanned it was pulling up a low fuel pressure problem. My friend at the time had a V6 TDI so I just swapped fuel pressure regulator, logged pressure and nothing, I feared when it happened it was HPFP and all tests were pointing towards that.

I bought a reconditioned pump, checked all my fuel lines cleaned everything out, no signs of swarf or anything nasty anywhere. Fitted the pump and re plumbed up and it started perfectly!! Success!! Or not..... The car was running sweet, I left it running to get warm and went in the house for a brew. When I came back out I noticed that the revs were up and down, like it was misfiring. I turned it off and did a scan, nothing!

When you take it off Idle its fine, it seems to drive fine, makes good power, it did seem to smoke (white) but i could only take it for a short drive as it ran out of MOT while it was broken. It will fire up straight away and run absolutely perfect UNTIL IT REACHES 65 / 70 degrees! Then the 'misfire' comes back. I don't even like calling is a misfire because I am not sure that it is, its not like something I have experienced before.

From what I have read I didn't think that the pump was timed, even though its a 'timing belt', I just replaced the belt with no problem so I did the same with the pump. I know you have to code calibration for injectors as I put 6 new ones on when I bought it (dreaded white smoke). Do you have to tell the car its got a new pump on?

I am very sad about it and in reality the car is not worth that much money so I am reluctant to spend money on it (more than I already have) but I love the car. I do all my own work and never found anything I cant fix till now!!

Anybody heard of anything like this? Or got any clue whats up with it?

Thanks
    Not trying to be sarcastic but after owning two Audi's Im going Japanese next time. I could have bought a Ducati and a house in Malibu for what I stuck into these cars. Sorry i know that doesn't help.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C6 3.0 TDI V6 'Misfire' after fuel pump replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Haha. I will never stray away, Ive managed to find a 3 door A3 8L 1.9 tdi Quattro to put me on till I get the A6 fixed! They're like rocking horse **** I dont like to spend a lot of money on cars because I/someone normally breaks/damage them in one way or another, 30k miles a year you tend to have misshaps

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 C6 3.0 TDI V6 'Misfire' after fuel pump replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Did your friend fuel it up?
    You know what Im getting at!

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 C6 3.0 TDI V6 'Misfire' after fuel pump replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lynalldiscovery View Post
    Did your friend fuel it up?
    You know what Im getting at!
    Haha no not at all!

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 C6 3.0 TDI V6 'Misfire' after fuel pump replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalscience View Post
    Not trying to be sarcastic but after owning two Audi's Im going Japanese next time. I could have bought a Ducati and a house in Malibu for what I stuck into these cars. Sorry i know that doesn't help.

What makes you believe that JaPenis cars wont break down ?
    Another of these common misconseptions ?

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 C6 3.0 TDI V6 'Misfire' after fuel pump replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renars View Post
    What makes you believe that JaPenis cars wont break down ?
    Another of these common misconseptions ?
    Its called statistics. German cars especially Audis are consistantly at the bottom of the repairs per 100 and longevity lists. Do you ever see any 80's or even 90s Audi's driving around? I see a ton of 80's original Japanese cars still on the road. The German electronics, and suspensions are way too complex and over engineered, a lot of mechanics won't even work on them. There are specialty shops JUST for Audi??? They are glorified VW's
    but with some more computers and sensors to go bad. I miss my 72 Chevy Nova. No computers there.

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 C6 3.0 TDI V6 'Misfire' after fuel pump replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Don't get me wrong. I like the feel of a German car and their simple yet elegant style. I drive one. ( unfortunately ) lol. But they are for the very rich. Even Mercedes are more affordable and pre 99 MB's are built like tanks. I drove a 90 300e for 3 years without changing a lightbulb. And the oil and coolant of course. I can't drive my 05 A6 3 blocks without some warning light coming on. It is what it is. I sat in Audi mechanics waiting rooms listening to people literally crying over their bill.

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 C6 3.0 TDI V6 'Misfire' after fuel pump replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalscience View Post
    Its called statistics. There are specialty shops JUST for Audi??? They are glorified VW's
    but with some more computers and sensors to go bad. I miss my 72 Chevy Nova. No computers there.

Where can I see those statistics and prices for repairs and what have been done ?

Complete bull*hit. Same spec same electronics on Audi and VW. Dont compare Polo with A6. Special shops for Audi is marketing.

You can get a 72 Chevy Nova with great fuel savings and all the other benefits that car gives...

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 C6 3.0 TDI V6 'Misfire' after fuel pump replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renars View Post
    Where can I see those statistics and prices for repairs and what have been done ?

Complete bull*hit. Same spec same electronics on Audi and VW. Dont compare Polo with A6. Special shops for Audi is marketing.

You can get a 72 Chevy Nova with great fuel savings and all the other benefits that car gives...
    Complete B.S?? JD Power just lies because they get a payoff from Toyota. Look who made the top two best rated cars last year. Kia and Hyundai. Or it were both Kia's. I'm not going to get in to an argument on this forum because I own an Audi and respect everyone's decision to purchase one. So lets agree to disagree. Let's move on to my puddle of oil under my car.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast