Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Need some guidance
    Have a 1.9 PDTDi 130 Avant Quattro 2003
    Had the trouble a while back with wipers but fixed that but disturbed ECU box seal on bulkhead and had some drops of water coming in.
    4 weeks ago car went into limp mode
    If you knocked off back would reset and go again but would soon go back into limp mode. Then just stayed in limp mode.
    Chatted to my mate who owns garage and he said its Vanos vain in turbo.
    So I stripped turbo cleaned it up and put back on still in limp mode.
    We put on laptop software says P1639
    Throttle peddle pulse thing
    Now I have read on internet it moistures in wiring not throttle peddle sensor.
    I have taken the white and red plug apart under ECU box and sprayed with electrical spray still in limp mode.
    Has anyone else here come across this issue.
    It’s a proper car low miles more blue it’s a lovely thing so really want to sort it.

0 0 0

2. Re: 1.9 Tdi A4 2003 in Limp Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Limp mode is triggered by a sensor if I'm not mistaken, always. If you can find out which one you will be able to narrow down your issue, can you look at the values in vcds to check it's all ok? It might be a case of small rewiring or a software fix, as long as it's safe to do so.

0 0 0

3. Re: 1.9 Tdi A4 2003 in Limp Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does the throttle stop responding at all? I had a 1.9tdi cordoba and due to where the ECU sat rain water would land on it. I ended up with a lot of grief from the throttle.

Cure was to take the ECU out, clean up contacts and let it dry thoroughly before putting it back together and resealing it.

Might be worth looking into if the ECU has got very wet.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Limp mode - Help!
    By sam_gt140 in forum Golf MK5 - 2004 - 2009
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-12-2015, 10:20 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 06:52 PM
  3. "Limp Mode" - Audi A4 2002 2.0 Sport in Shoutdown Mode
    By ARJ230580 in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 11:14 PM