Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Latest active lane assist - how good is it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Latest active lane assist - how good is it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Anyone with the latest A6/A7 got the active lane assist (think it is part of the touring pack)?

Wondering how effective it is, how people are finding it and if people are using it or just turning it off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VW Passat GT 4 Motion 2.0 BiTdi, '16MY in Midnight Blue, keyless entry, memory seats, active info display and Discover Nav Pro
    Audi A7 20MY Vorsprung 3.0tdi in Daytona grey, with optional rear cup holders! (Previously A7 16my S Line)

0 1 0

2. Re: Latest active lane assist - how good is it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Test drive with it on and it's ok. Gently pulled the car back into lane when i tried to change lanes without indicating (should be standard on BMWs ). Apparently you can also set it to vibrate the steering wheel too.

Picking my new A6 Avant S-Line up on Tuesday and then need to drive 150 miles, so will comment more after.

0 2 0

3. Re: Latest active lane assist - how good is it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Cap View Post
    Anyone with the latest A6/A7 got the active lane assist (think it is part of the touring pack)?

Wondering how effective it is, how people are finding it and if people are using it or just turning it off!

It does what it says on the tin I find. You don’t need the touring pack for this, it comes as standard. In fact along with low speed collision avoidance, these systems are a prerequisite for a new car to get a Euro ncap 5 star rating these days

0 0 0

4. Re: Latest active lane assist - how good is it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I've just come back from a 550 mile round trip. It is quite useful if you do lose concentration for a moment to bring you back on course, however, it is a bit hit and miss in roadworks as I found out today! M6 smart motorway with very narrow lanes and white lines where they shouldn't be results in some 'interesting' corrections! As for the pre-sense, this has saved the front end being mashed 2 or 3 times at low speeds when dopey drivers have anchored up sharpish, I'm sure I would have had an incident by now if it wasn't for it.

I think it is just that, it is an 'assist', certainly don't become complacent with it as it doesn't auto steer and quite often doesn't recognise the edge of the road for example.

0 0 0

5. Latest active lane assist - how good is it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Thanks for the above.

I hadn’t realised that lane departure warning was standard (or part of NCAP).

It wondered if there were two levels - one a warning only system (standard) and one an active system (part of touring pack) that actively steers. - but looking at the manual it appears there is only one type.

I was in an stationery A7 the other day and was being told that the car (which had touring pack) would actively steer.

I would be happy with a system that actively provides steering inputs on the motorway (whilst you have hands on overall control) and would probably prefer this to the hands off scenario where the car controls all the steering - which it is already technically capable off )once the laws are changed to allow this).

VW Passat GT 4 Motion 2.0 BiTdi, '16MY in Midnight Blue, keyless entry, memory seats, active info display and Discover Nav Pro
    Audi A7 20MY Vorsprung 3.0tdi in Daytona grey, with optional rear cup holders! (Previously A7 16my S Line)

0 0 0

6. Re: Latest active lane assist - how good is it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if you want to ask about it, but if you asking about the Q7's Traffic jam assistant's knowledge, then as far as I know, currently the C8 is not equipped with that, and has the former C7 knowledge only.

I'M NOT SURE about it, but in my configurator (Hungary) wasn't able to find the Traffic Jam as an option.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

7. Re: Latest active lane assist - how good is it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Cap View Post
    Thanks for the above.

I hadn’t realised that lane departure warning was standard (or part of NCAP).

It wondered if there were two levels - one a warning only system (standard) and one an active system (part of touring pack) that actively steers. - but looking at the manual it appears there is only one type.

I was in an stationery A7 the other day and was being told that the car (which had touring pack) would actively steer.

I would be happy with a system that actively provides steering inputs on the motorway (whilst you have hands on overall control) and would probably prefer this to the hands off scenario where the car controls all the steering - which it is already technically capable off )once the laws are changed to allow this).

The system only actively steers if you go out of a lane without indicating - this is motorway lanes, or single carriageway roads too.

It's ok, an aid and emergency system. No more than that though.

0 0 0

8. Re: Latest active lane assist - how good is it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Hi, when I was speccing up my car, the collision avoidance garb on the UK configurator indicated two levels of warning, one audio and then a second momentary application of the brake pedal.... does this then go to full brake application if no responsive action from the driver?

0 0 0

9. Re: Latest active lane assist - how good is it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ascr View Post
    Hi, when I was speccing up my car, the collision avoidance garb on the UK configurator indicated two levels of warning, one audio and then a second momentary application of the brake pedal.... does this then go to full brake application if no responsive action from the driver?
    Yes, at least it does on mine! It provides an audible warning and a large flashing warning on dash and if you don't brake it then activates the brake to stop position if necessary...

0 0 0

10. Re: Latest active lane assist - how good is it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ascr View Post
    For me, Audi's explanation seems too complicated.

If you have ACC, then you have a distance display on DIS, and this system is, which shows that you are too close for another car. This is the "warning", what you mentioned, but that's nothing special, just an information. This is NOT the part of the Braking guard.

The Braking guard is a system which calculates the chance for a collision. If it calculates a danger, then it will fasten your seat belts, and will will do an emergency brake.

This is a regulare behaviour of these systems, and it's not an FL related operating mode.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast