Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Help!!
    I have a mk8 2016 Passat estate.
    The boot won’t open, the boot makes a noise when I press either the key fob, the internal door switch and even when I lift the VW badge on the boot, but it will not open it’s stuck fast!
    There doesn’t seem to be a failsafe manual way of opening like previous models either.
    I’ve been told it prob the boot solenoid but without being able to open the boot I can’t check/change it?!?!
    Any suggestions plz?

0 0 0

2. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Did you get a fix to this issue? I closed my boot yesterday now, it won’t open. Fob won’t work, inside release won’t work.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    He was last active 2 days after the post sorta like you.

Perhaps both are locked in their boots
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

4. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    i rather suspect he was overwhelmed with the absolute apathy of the members here, i also asked a couple of questions on here, and i was gobsmacked by the indifference of the members. I initially wondered whether my questions ware too simple for the no doubt knowledgeable people here, but no, i see many others are completely ignored too. i noticed some poor SOB had more than 600 people read his post and NOBODY COULD BE ***** TO HELP, and with the withering titles given to people such as one post wonder its no surprise people dont return. I would suggest members were encouraged to help each other and post rather than be derogatory. I have no doubt this is a wonderful forum, but i have not seen it yet. So in answer to UMEL's question im guessing they both left and found a more helpful forum .

0 0 0

5. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by user name View Post
    i rather suspect he was overwhelmed with the absolute apathy of the members here, i also asked a couple of questions on here, and i was gobsmacked by the indifference of the members. I initially wondered whether my questions ware too simple for the no doubt knowledgeable people here, but no, i see many others are completely ignored too. i noticed some poor SOB had more than 600 people read his post and NOBODY COULD BE ***** TO HELP, and with the withering titles given to people such as one post wonder its no surprise people dont return. I would suggest members were encouraged to help each other and post rather than be derogatory. I have no doubt this is a wonderful forum, but i have not seen it yet. So in answer to UMEL's question im guessing they both left and found a more helpful forum .
    Shall I bite my tongue....no bugger it,

It's post like this that pee me off....dvd player or humble cd player...with no content or further info.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

6. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I read them and wasn't indifferent, just unable to help. If it reassures you that people are trying to help I'll aim to respond to your posts to that effect, but it might annoy those looking for useful content if we all do that.

0 0 0

7. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    peed off so easily eh ? my my. your going to be easy then, but in truth i was trying to find out if my new car had a cd player or a dvd by asking folk what was the likelyhood as i had no documentation or indication what my car might be equipped with but its ok i worked it out thanks..
    as for info, that was my point .. i didnt have any info - i was asking for info, but lets see shall we ? i posted in passat B8 section, a little clue there, so you have the year and the model.. i was looking for enlightenment or a clue, my point is i see folk post things and then i see that nobody has bothered to reply to hundreds of posts having nothing to add is irrelevant, its idleness, join in for christ sake - say something - say anything !
    Last edited by user name; 31-12-2019 at 12:16 AM.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    dont worry about annoying others - as stated they dont reply so your fine
    and thank you both for answering i think banter is just as good

0 0 0

9. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zangieff View Post
    Did you get a fix to this issue? I closed my boot yesterday now, it won’t open. Fob won’t work, inside release won’t work.
    I have the same issue with my mk8 Passat estate, boot won't open, did u get it fixed?

0 0 0

10. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomclayton View Post
    I have the same issue with my mk8 Passat estate, boot won't open, did u get it fixed?
    I did end up fixing it myself . I bought a new boot lock from vw ( £50 or so)

1. The lock was completely Stuck , I couldn’t remove it ( had to disassemble the boot from inside, had to take the black plastic off.

2. If your lucky , the emergency boot release might still work( lift up the red emergency tab and use screw driver to open it.

3 . You can skip part one if you can open the boot from inside.

4. If u ain’t confident take it to a garage or vw

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast