Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    I shall shortly be heading to the C8 Forum, standard 40 Sport.

Had a call from the dealer earlier this week advising me that there were deals to be had, especially if you were trading in an Audi, which made you eligible for an additional loyalty discount. Slight disappointment in that the value they would give me for my C7 was lower than the amount owed - looks as if Audi was a bit optimistic 3 years ago about A6 residuals and of course Dieselgate may also have been a factor. Residuals on the C8 seem to be designed to ensure there is some equity left at the end of the term. Still I did the sums and a lot of thinking and in the end decided to go ahead. I won't divulge the deal I got as I do not want to be subjected to people suggesting I could have got a better deal nor do I want to be responsible for setting a benchmark, suffice to say I am happy enough that I went ahead.

Will need to see how the touchscreen works out. Spoke to a friend earlier who has a new V90 and he says he has quickly got used to the screen on that and by all account that is far more challenging (several menus to navigate just to turn out the heated seats)
    I also had a call from Audi this week offering me a discount + an additional loyalty bonus though no mention of whether I needed to trade my car.

Out of interest are you at a point where you can VT your old car, as mine is significantly below the finance as that's what I plan to do so. When I say significantly last count was about 4k.

0 0 0

2. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMountain View Post
    I also had a call from Audi this week offering me a discount + an additional loyalty bonus though no mention of whether I needed to trade my car.

Out of interest are you at a point where you can VT your old car, as mine is significantly below the finance as that's what I plan to do so. When I say significantly last count was about 4k.
    I was at the point where I could just hand the car back and the salesman explored that option with his manager, it to do that meant I lost the loyalty bonus, plus I would have been required to pay the excess mileage charge - I am about 6k miles over at the moment - and any costs for making the car up to the required standard (repairing alloys etc) so it was not a better option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    I was at the point where I could just hand the car back and the salesman explored that option with his manager, it to do that meant I lost the loyalty bonus, plus I would have been required to pay the excess mileage charge - I am about 6k miles over at the moment - and any costs for making the car up to the required standard (repairing alloys etc) so it was not a better option.

Yep, I wondered if they would play that old trick. I am not in a rush to swap mine so have till August but am in a similar boat mileage wise to you.

What I got "offered" over the phone was very similar to what was available on autoebid (where you can see a price by just browsing) if you want to have a check what you deal looks like.

So long as you are happy though, that's what's count. Is your's in stock already?

0 0 0

4. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMountain View Post
    Yep, I wondered if they would play that old trick. I am not in a rush to swap mine so have till August but am in a similar boat mileage wise to you.

What I got "offered" over the phone was very similar to what was available on autoebid (where you can see a price by just browsing) if you want to have a check what you deal looks like.

So long as you are happy though, that's what's count. Is your's in stock already?
    My deal was based on taking a car that the dealer had in stock. My deal is favourable compared to autoebid so that is a relief!

0 0 0

5. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Just to add a little to the debate, in this months Car mag they pit the A6, BMW 5, Volvo V90 and Jag F type estates against each other. The winner is the A6!

0 0 0

6. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Sounds good, can you please share us the details of the testing?
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

7. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    It should be on the Car webdite in a week or so

0 0 0

8. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Thanks, I will look for it, if I don't forget about it
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

9. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Took delivery of this lovely car (stock 40 Sport in Glacier White) yesterday. First impressions are that It is definitely a step up from the c7

So far touchscreen seems fine, interestingly the guy gave me some Audi branded screen wipes during the handover! Will report back in a few days on how I am finding it. So far only done about 30 miles due to other commitments this weekend.

One early observation is that seems to be less oddment storage in the car (arm rest cubby not as deep, space under ac controls replaced by area by drivers right knee, one netted area in the side of the boot but no access to space in the wing, no under seat storage)

0 2 0

10. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Interesting about the cubby spaces. I found the C7 lousy in that respect after coming from a Mondeo. I've adapted over the 2 C7s I've had to de-clutter, but if there's less storage again I may struggle in the C8!

0 0 0

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast