Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    It's getting real ridiculous day by day, as this engine is not available for Hungary, while we have the 3.0 petrol. What are they hired in Ingolstadt? A random generator, or a kamikaze to commint a harmful suicide?

We are on the same side, but please don't forget, that the C7 figures were not affected by the diesel scandal, as the 3.0TDI versions are more-or-less were out of scope from the well known EA189 issues.
    Product specification and availability in country is mainly down to the local Audi importer and not HQ, so the lack of a 2l petrol version in Hungary may be a marketing decison (or it could be that the 245 petrol engine is new and therefore in limited supply. Also not sure you are right about the C7 being unaffected by the Dieselgate issues. As far as I recall the original 177bhp 2l engine was affected. Indeed I seem to recall getting a recall notice after I had sold the car.

0 0 0

2. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renars View Post
    I doubt that even a 10% of polos will have that spec, and there will be sold hundreds of thousands of them.
    The problem is: The Polo HAS this spec. And if Polo has this spec, who will purchase an A1? That's what I wanted to say. If I can get the very same tech for the very same manufacturer from the very same items - then why to spend more for an Audi badge? No reason if there are no advantages.

Its time to accept - Audi is a BRAND not a CARMAKER. VW is a carmaker here and Audi cant make any decision or strategy without big bosses permission.
    You are a little bit wrong in this. This statement is absolutely fits for Seat, but not for Audi. As you might know, even Skoda is more-or-less independent, Audi is almost independent. Audi has their own factories, and their own engine factory, and this is true for the VW. So while you are right, that they are the part of the VW group, it doesn't mean that Volkswagen makes the decision, because the entire group's headquarters makes the general rules.

So these choice makers were the ones, who decided to raise the quality and replace the VW interior with the Audi interior, while they decided to pull back Audi, and let there be more sales from the VW group's other models. Probably they want to earn more profit on that models.

So you know what?

Against the past, the current VW interiors are surprisingly elegant and novel, clear and friendly, with an easy to accept look and feeling, while they are still all uniq on each model. The current (and probably later) Audi interiors first look is the ultra-modern style, but they will be boring very asoon due to the unity, disinterest, and emotionless design.

But pleast treat this as my opinion. I can understand everybody who likes the C8 design, I wish them the very best
    Last edited by AT.; 09-01-2019 at 04:38 PM. Reason: less->more
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 1 0

3. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I like C8 interior and exterior, touchscreen is with haptic response. Cant see much difference in number of buttons on steering wheel.
    You didnt have touch screen at all in C7 and somehow everyone manages to use it without reaching across.
    For climate control there is sync option, no need to reach very far.

I dont understand why someone keep mentioning the dieselgate? It is in the past, no one care about it now, when buying new car, cause it doesnt have those problems.
    Her in Norway they are quiote mad about the enviroment and still, no one cares about it. New diesel are good to go for few more year, no one will band Euro6 cars any soon.
    Couple o my friend are looking for new/newish car, they dont care if its petrol or diesel, they acctually still prefer diesel cause of its economy.
    You have electric, samll petrol for city driving, and diesel for long journeys.
    Only concern is selling diesel in say 4-5 years, when there could be restriction even fow euro 6 car to drive in big cities.
    Anyway, I dont know anyone who when looking for new car, sees audi and thinks about dieselgate and goes to other manufacturer.

There are loads of car with nice interiors on the picture, but in reality...
    You keep showing new interiour of Tuareg, it is not a cheap car, it is a premium ca that cost same as Q7 so it suppose to be good.
    If you compare cheaper cars the difference is big, atleast for me. VW can have all the fancy screens but in the end after driving VW and getting into my C7 i notice difference right away.

At the motor show I was in new A6, A7, Q7, Q8 and kodiak, tiguan Audis still feel premium for me. But like you say its my opinion and my taste.

My next car will be etron, with all the screens and camera-mirrors I will have to put some screen protection to stop fingerprints and thats it.

0 0 0

4. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    The C8 will sell in quantity, the company car driver and the people on lease / contract purchase will simply roll over into one, no problem. My own view is that Audi had a chance to do something magnificent, something awesome, the concept car was breathtaking but the reality not so much. I've driven VAG for twenty years, I've been holding out on changing my C7 for the last two, but in the here and now, as a cash buyer? It just doesn't do it for me hence my decision to go to Volvo. Nice engine, gearboxes are a little sluggish, interior is a delight, its loaded as standard, and it's just a bit different. But, here's my point, yer pays yer money, yer takes yer choice.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 2 0

5. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renars View Post
    Well yes this is kinda powerful engine, but some users of this forum reported pretty good real life consumption results with A7 55 tfsi - 40 MPG highway mid 20's city.
    It is also quite a boring drive, I had an A7 for two days whilst my car was in for some work and it was very smooth and quiet to the point where my son asked was it electric. In dynamic it didn't seem that quick and unlike most of the 300+ hp Audi's didn't make any decent engine noises (fake or not).

I didn't mind the interior, although as others have said it is now nothing special. I couldn't believe they did not have Apple Wireless and if you went with Apple Play Car then you lost functionality in the Virtual cockpit which sucked.

I am not certain where I am going to go for my next motor now and I can change anytime from now and must change by August.

0 0 0

6. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomas_v View Post
    Cant see much difference in number of buttons on steering wheel.
    There were only some buttons on the C6's wheel, there were more on the C7, and this number increased on the C8.

You didnt have touch screen at all in C7 and somehow everyone manages to use it without reaching across.
    I beg your pardon, but I don't understand your point.

Almost no one touched, or intend to touch the central display in the C7, as everybody used the MMI console on the armrest. Why to shrink your hand, when you can press the buttons right under your fingers on the central armrest?

Exactly that's my point: In the C7 all the buttons were installed on such locations, where you were able to press these without moving your entire body, and that was lost in the C8.

For climate control there is sync option, no need to reach very far.
    I think, the climate control unit is one of the most unimportant thing in the A6/A8 range. It was a cheap dog and pony solution against to design a good interior with nice buttons.

I dont understand why someone keep mentioning the dieselgate?
    Because it's not ended. We are facing the consequences day by day, as more and more city bans the diesels, and if I know well, than there is a new rule in Germany, that a city can ban all diesel engines on their own. You know, there are a plenty of grouping lawsuits against to VW, and in the meantime the governments anger is raising against the diesels. Of course, they are wrong, but what do you want from the politicans? No one knows where this scandal will ends, and no one knows, when.

New diesel are good to go for few more year, no one will band Euro6 cars any soon.
    You don't buy such a car for a short term. You can lease it, but usually the fees are quite higher if the lease company sees, that they will not able to sell the car in a three-five year term for a good money. Don't underestimate the politicans, and the power of the media. They already made the diesel as the Terminator, they will not change their mind soon, even if it was proven, that the downscaled petrol engines are worse, then the properly engineered diesels.

Only concern is selling diesel in say 4-5 years, when there could be restriction even fow euro 6 car to drive in big cities.
    It's a very short term, mostly, if you want to sell your car after two-three years. If you keep it for a year only, then never mind, there will be not too much problems. But if there will be rumours in just two years, that these will be banned in 4-5 years, then who from the hell will buy these?

Anyway, I dont know anyone who when looking for new car, sees audi and thinks about dieselgate and goes to other manufacturer.
    I think, you are wrong with it, because they will surely think about it, when they will see the very minimum engines and configuration from Audi. And that's what happened because of the dieselgate. So even they will not connect these information, they will surely see, that something is wrong with Audi.

You keep showing new interiour of Tuareg, it is not a cheap car, it is a premium ca that cost same as Q7 so it suppose to be good.
    I think, you missed the Polo's picture, which is definitely not a premium, or exclusive car. The Tourag was a surprise for me, as this means, that VW makes it's own competitor against to the Q5/Q7. It's silly, because the Touareg is far cheaper then the Q7, but with such an interior, it's a competitor. Until the interior of the Touareg was a lot more old fashioned, it was not a question what to purchase if you intended to buy a premium interior. Now it's a question.

Why is it good for? There are a lot of other competitors out there, and they start to cannibalise their own market share? VW against Audi? WHAT?! You can even have the Seat Atteca with a former VW look, what's going on here?

That's what I meant, the difference is disappearing between the smallest VW and the Audi. Why?

VW can have all the fancy screens but in the end after driving VW and getting into my C7 i notice difference right away.
    Well, to a C7, definitely yes. But currently we are talking about the C8

At the motor show I was in new A6, A7, Q7, Q8 and kodiak, tiguan Audis still feel premium for me.
    It was not a question, that Audi looks better, but for me that's not enough to be premium, as for me it's the very minimal expectation. Upon this I wish to see the techical advantages. I thinked about it, and I feel, that the C7 and the Q7 were such good cars compared to anything else in the universe, that maybe my expectations were too high, because I can't feel this in the C8. I'm sorry, I can't feel that difference between the competitors. And if I don't feel such big difference against to a VW, than there is something wrong, and definitely not with the VW line.

My next car will be etron, with all the screens and camera-mirrors
    Except the screen camera mirrors we are agree

We will see this when this option will arrive, but currently it's placing is something, that I don't like the idea at all. For me, on the current pictures these seems pretty useless and dangerows, as these are again out of your field of vision just like the current central display installation. Just let your passanger read a book, and you will see nothing on the internal mirror-monitor. About the idea the most funniest thing will be, that you will see a camera if you look where you used to see a mirror. Why is it good? To completly hide the cam... it coud be interesting. But to put there an entire unit, which could be equipped with a mirror but put there a cam? Sounds silly for me.

Let us see it in the real life first.

But the e-tron GT, well, yes, that will be a car. I hope

I will have to put some screen protection to stop fingerprints and thats it.
    That was the other argument I didn't understood, the screen protector is against the scratches. If you put these there, then it wil not protect you against the fingerprints, but that will be covered with the fingerprints

0 0 0

7. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post

That was the other argument I didn't understood, the screen protector is against the scratches. If you put these there, then it wil not protect you against the fingerprints, but that will be covered with the fingerprints
    Matte protector helps in hidding them a bit and no need to worry that you will scratch the screen when cleaning.

0 0 0

8. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Matte protector helps in hidding them a bit and no need to worry that you will scratch the screen when cleaning.
    Honestly, this situation reminds me to a software, where you can't decide, whether something is a feature or a bug.

0 1 0

9. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Tripletrouble Guest

This is like when Ducati upgraded the Multistrada to a TFT screen which scratched really badly when you washed the bike. It was an answer to a question no one asked. I genuinely believe touchscreens are as dangerous, when being operated in a moving vehicle, as using a phome whilst driving and should be unable to be operated when the car is moving. (debate)

0 0 0

10. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    I shall shortly be heading to the C8 Forum, standard 40 Sport.

Had a call from the dealer earlier this week advising me that there were deals to be had, especially if you were trading in an Audi, which made you eligible for an additional loyalty discount. Slight disappointment in that the value they would give me for my C7 was lower than the amount owed - looks as if Audi was a bit optimistic 3 years ago about A6 residuals and of course Dieselgate may also have been a factor. Residuals on the C8 seem to be designed to ensure there is some equity left at the end of the term. Still I did the sums and a lot of thinking and in the end decided to go ahead. I won't divulge the deal I got as I do not want to be subjected to people suggesting I could have got a better deal nor do I want to be responsible for setting a benchmark, suffice to say I am happy enough that I went ahead.

Will need to see how the touchscreen works out. Spoke to a friend earlier who has a new V90 and he says he has quickly got used to the screen on that and by all account that is far more challenging (several menus to navigate just to turn out the heated seats)

0 0 0

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast