1. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I'm holding out for the petrol version, it's release in Germany so hopefully not long for the UK market.

0 0 0

2. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I found an interesting link:

Audi A6 Sales Figures | GCBC

Never mind the date in the link, it seems, the article is updated with the latest figures.

The figures, which seems a complete disaster for the C8. It's not just the numbers in itself, or the loss of the market share, but I see a more important fact: When the ancestor models arrived, like the C6, or the C7, the selling volumes increased significally, but currently the sales are dropped to almost zero.

Something went completly wrong :/
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 1 0

3. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I wonder if it is a combination of things that are affecting the sales of the C8? It was bad timing for the release of a new model, but they have had demonisation of diesel, where we don't know how hard the government are going to hammer them (plus councils now banning them from city centres) with no petrol models available, plus new emission regulations and a huge hike in VED for cars over £40k list price.

I normally change my car every 3 years or so, but will not be changing mine until it falls to pieces because I find £450 VED a year a pill a bit too bitter to swallow. I'm interested in the effect the VED will have on secondhand prices when changeover time gets to 3-4 years old. Slightly older model VED £150ish, slightly newer £450 for a least another year or two.
    2017 model A6 Avant Black Edition 3.0Tdi (272) Quattro, Sepang Blue Exclusive Paint, Tech Pack, Matrix LEDs, Ambient Lighting, 20" 5 Twin Spoke Wheels, S Line Suspension, Audi Smartphone Interface, Debadged

0 2 0

4. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by istate75 View Post
    I wonder if it is a combination of things that are affecting the sales of the C8? It was bad timing for the release of a new model, but they have had demonisation of diesel, where we don't know how hard the government are going to hammer them (plus councils now banning them from city centres) with no petrol models available, plus new emission regulations and a huge hike in VED for cars over £40k list price.

I normally change my car every 3 years or so, but will not be changing mine until it falls to pieces because I find £450 VED a year a pill a bit too bitter to swallow. I'm interested in the effect the VED will have on secondhand prices when changeover time gets to 3-4 years old. Slightly older model VED £150ish, slightly newer £450 for a least another year or two.
    Thing is its not going to fall to pieces, it will be just one or few parts like adblue pump and Nox sensor or injectors or DPF, EGR that will scrap it eventually.
    Apart from that car will be in real nice shape.
    And your heart will be broken.
    And you will have to buy that C8, and it will be diesel, because its less CO2 and very economical and there is absolutely no way any EURO 6 cars will be banned anywhere in UK in 5-9 years time.
    Sounding a bit like some sort of prophet here....
    And UK cars (since you drive on wrong side of the road) have nowhere to go after that.
    German cars when they come to that point travel to countries where there is less pollution problems or nobody cares about it and most of those expensive repairs can be done very cheaply.
    Current cars:
    2007 Passat b6 2.0 tdi BMR DSG
    2013 Golf MK7 1.6 tdi 5 speed

0 0 0

5. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by istate75 View Post
    It was bad timing for the release of a new model, but they have had demonisation of diesel
    Good points.

However the mentioned figures came from US/Canada, where the diesel versions were never preferred, and most of the Audis had petrol engines. Also, if you check the figures, you can see, that the 2015/2016 VW scanda doesn't affected the Audi A6 sales at all, so for me this figures are connected to the C8 directly.

Above the previously mentioned point, the biggest point for me is, that the C8 is a 2017 design car, which was introduced almost a year ago. One year loss in the sales is the worst thing that could happen to a "new car", because the competitors are not waiting, and they have quite good alternatives. Once the C8 will be ready with petrol engines, than almost the half of the nonFL version's lifecycle will be lost, and if there will be no success on the sales, then the FL version will be a complete failure. This can be prejudicated, as if no one intends to buy something as brand new, than no one will purchase a facelift version from this in 2020-2021.

In general, it seems to me, that the new A6-A8 versions are not the ones the Audi owners wanted to own, and upon this, the diesel scandal was the last argument in the complete rejection of the new models.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

6. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. I have had a good look at the c8 and am not overwhelmed in general. I am not a fan of touchscreen but I can see that it's in vogue at present, it's following the crowd and is probably cheaper than buttons, switches and wire looms. The diesel element I think is the right way for the UK, no change there from the facelift c7 which sold well, and considering the lack of c8 sales, will probably mean that FL c7 will hold good value for some time. Audi should have held off for a couple of years and turned up at the party with a really good hybrid luxury saloon. That would have knocked the others out of the park, hopefully... Not going to change soon, happy to wait. Rant over...
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

7. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I am not a fun of C8 myself either. There was an ask about BE earlier in the thread. Apparently, there will not be BE option with C8. That’s what sales rep told me. You can get BE look by getting black pack, wheels, etc as a separate upgrade addons. It may probably change tho. I saw one C8 styled with the external black pack but it did not include piano inlay which is another addon. Picture attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    current: 2019 A6 S-Line 40 TDI Avant (de-chromed)
    sold: 2015 A6 S-line Black Edition 2.0 TDI ULTRA
    MODs: CarPlay with RMC, Ambient Lighting

0 0 0

8. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    They will make a vorsprung spec like they have with other models. The vorsprung spec is equivalent to the old black edition with tech pack. Been looking at the new q3 and the vorsprung spec starts at £41k for the fwd 150ps petrol. Don’t think I paid that for my 272 c7 with quite a few options on top.
    Not sure what drugs Audi’s on but the pricing for the new cars seems to have massively increased. Don’t think even the previous rsq3 cost that much, at least that had the 5pot with 350bhp.

0 0 0

9. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Its more to do with WLTP test bottleneck and all audi sales are affected. Sales will spike high soon. C8 will be at least as succesfull as C7. And those who talk about hybrids tell it to my friend whose brand new Rav 4 hybrid gets 20 mpg at best at the city. I dont have to say its his last hybrid ever.

0 0 0

10. Re: Is anyone buying the C8? 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Interesting comments on this thread but the one major standout for me is that, considering this is an Audi forum, the majority of comments are negative.
    If Audi enthusiasts are negative about the car, imagine how negative the car buying/leasing public must be.
    I've only seen one new A8 and 2 A7s on the road as well so I honestly think they have a sales pup on their hands with the touchscreens, the ridiculous pricing and the styling.
    Compared that with how many new 5 series/ V90 I see on the roads and you can see where the success lies.

The vorsprung spec is equivalent to the old black edition with tech pack
    And is £20k on the A7 FFS, for bigger wheels, Laser Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Air Suspension, All Wheel Steering and Advanced Key. What the hell are they smoking at Audi these days?

0 0 0

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast