Quote Originally Posted by philipharmes View Post
Usefull info Mitch, i'll put it into the memory banks for future use but things don't stay there always nowdays LOL.

If you havn't had the emissions update naza & you don't have any fault lights up why don't you get it booked in with VW.

You then get 2 years cover for any problems with any of the emissions components which include the EGR, Injectors, HP fuel pump etc.
I did think about having that done, the issue with this car is that it does too many city miles I think with the update there is more carbon running through the engine and these things will get clogged even quicker. The warranty is good but I want to keep this car for a while, longer than the 2 years, I fear this will cause more problems than its worth.

At the moment the car is coming back with no obvious faults as far as all the normal diagnostics is concerned. May just sell it and get a petrol instead, that way no issues with EGRs/Carbon/DPFs. Doubt I am really getting the full benefit of diesel fuel simply due to the number of city miles this car is doing.